3800 so about all the mounts

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
ok so i have zzp upper ploy, now i hear leaving the stock bottom ones on with these up top will have bad vibration at low rpm.
so if i replace the bottom with a solid one from WBS, is the vib going to be non exsitant?
also would it be wise to replace the tranny mount also.
how much wear stress does this place on the motor and tranny?

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Well if you replace everything with solid motor mounts wouldnt your whole car vibrate more then it does now? I had SNM motor mounts and got a good vibration from the car. Changed them to MSP motor mounts and not too bad and replace my stock motor/tranny mounts and car feels pretty good.

just my .02

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by SINr247@Mar 12 2006, 05:42 PM
ok so i have zzp upper ploy, now i hear leaving the stock bottom ones on with these up top will have bad vibration at low rpm.
so if i replace the bottom with a solid one from WBS, is the vib going to be non exsitant?
[snapback]117980[/snapback]​

I have them on my car you get a little more vibration but not a lot and no type of motor mount is going to be hard on the motor except a steal solid mount.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by xierxior+Mar 12 2006, 07:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Mar 12 2006, 05:42 PM

I have them on my car you get a little more vibration but not a lot and no type of motor mount is going to be hard on the motor except a steal solid mount.
[snapback]117989[/snapback]​
[/b]

ok well what about the tranny mount will that be hard on a stock trans

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by SINr247+Mar 12 2006, 07:27 PM-->
Originally posted by xierxior@Mar 12 2006, 07:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Mar 12 2006, 05:42 PM

[snapback]117989[/snapback]​

ok well what about the tranny mount will that be hard on a stock trans
[snapback]117990[/snapback]​
[/b]

no theres no way any type of motor mount is going to be "bad" for the motor or trans unless it's a solid steal motor mount.

if you're going to replace your upper mounts I would get the MSP poly mounts as I've heard the other ones cause a lot of vibration.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Steve is correct. So long as you're using stock rubber subframe bushings you should not get any increased vibration from lower mounts unless you're using something close to solid (I.E. ZZP lower poly mounts). Even then, the difference is nominal.

The solid mounts will be nominally harder on the transmission but I stress "nominally". Anytime you limit engine movement that force has to be placed somewhere else. In this case, the transmission.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Mike K@Mar 13 2006, 12:23 PM
Steve is correct.  So long as you're using stock rubber subframe bushings you should not get any increased vibration from lower mounts unless you're using something close to solid (I.E. ZZP lower poly mounts).  Even then, the difference is nominal.

The solid mounts will be nominally harder on the transmission but I stress "nominally".  Anytime you limit engine movement that force has to be placed somewhere else.  In this case, the transmission.
[snapback]118076[/snapback]​
so would a tranny mount be good for my case then?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info