3800 Any suspension Guru's???

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Mar 13 2006, 02:07 PM
If you do decide to take it in, i'd suggest that you go to NTB in Crestwood (133rd? and Cicero). I have the best luck with them, they dont charge you to look at it, and they will take you and show you exactly whats up if you want. JMO Good luck.
[snapback]118081[/snapback]​

I usually go to the one on SW highway they have been pretty good with my car there. Thanks though, might take it tomorrow morning.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by alexgtp@Mar 13 2006, 04:26 PM
Damn newbie!!

Double check all of your bushings/endlinks.

These tend to crack under normal wear and tear. Thus causing your sway bar to sort of clunk around.

Also when adding new bushings be  sure to grease them up.
[snapback]118105[/snapback]​

used the same bushings from old sway(still looked good)along with the bracket which was good as well. The new bushing that came with it didnt fit, endlinks are all new and both are all greased up. also made sure when i finished that the sway bar was stiff and didnt move and it was ok. :p

anyways i have to take it to get that checked and get my coolent flushed and also see how much the change of brake fluid and ps fluid will cost to change as well. Hmm maybe also my blinker fluid should be checked.. <_<

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
ahhhhhh dpnt be a cheap bastid!!

But new bushings. silly to re use old worn bushings with a new sway bar.

Which sway bar did you get?

I know you can pick up energy suspensions bushings at murray's they actully carry the stock and larger diameter ones there. 10.oo pop.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by alexgtp@Mar 13 2006, 06:08 PM
Oh crap those are super loose.

The rat has a larger diameter (at least 4MM larger) than the GMPP one.

I bet they are bouncing around in there. Thats probably causing all the noise
[snapback]118117[/snapback]​

Cant be cause they were about the same size as the Rat bar. The only one that was smaller was the rear swaybar. And like said before we made sure the bar was secure and it was a good fit.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Well they found the problem, by fipping the sway bar its hitting the frame and if i flip it back around its going to hit my down pipe so i have to some what ghetto rig it so it wont rub on the bottom frame. Or would i be able to add 1 or 2 more endlink bushings at the end to raise the bar a little more?

Getting my coolant, ps, oil, brake all changed along with cleaning out my TB and there doing some kind of fuel cleaning or check. Lets see how the car will run and also can i but some of that electrical spray for the MAF cleaning at an autozone or somewhere?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by mybluegtp@Mar 14 2006, 11:55 AM
Well they found the problem, by fipping the sway bar its hitting the frame and if i flip it back around its going to hit my down pipe so i have to some what ghetto rig it so it wont rub on the bottom frame.  Or would i be able to add 1 or 2 more endlink bushings at the end to raise the bar a little more?

Getting my coolant, ps, oil, brake all changed along with cleaning out my TB and there doing some kind of fuel cleaning or check.  Lets see how the car will run and also can i but some of that electrical spray for the MAF cleaning at an autozone or somewhere?
[snapback]118228[/snapback]​

Maybe you can go with a different length endlink to solve the problem.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Mar 14 2006, 04:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mybluegtp
@Mar 14 2006, 11:55 AM
Well they found the problem, by fipping the sway bar its hitting the frame and if i flip it back around its going to hit my down pipe so i have to some what ghetto rig it so it wont rub on the bottom frame.  Or would i be able to add 1 or 2 more endlink bushings at the end to raise the bar a little more?

Getting my coolant, ps, oil, brake all changed along with cleaning out my TB and there doing some kind of fuel cleaning or check.  Lets see how the car will run and also can i but some of that electrical spray for the MAF cleaning at an autozone or somewhere?
[snapback]118228[/snapback]​

Maybe you can go with a different length endlink to solve the problem.
[snapback]118249[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thats what I might do, the guy at NTB said the same thing.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Well i found my problem and its my control arm. for some reason the bolt that connects the front end part of the control arm is loose. I cant tighten it cause of the star shape bolt it has at the bottom. Does anyone have tools to tighten a control arm? Also, I think the bushing poped out of the CA as well. Will take pictures for better understanding.

HELP PLEASE!!!

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Jun 4 2006, 07:25 PM
Well i found my problem and its my control arm.  for some reason the bolt that connects the front end part of the control arm is loose. I cant tighten it cause of the star shape bolt it has at the bottom. Does anyone have tools to tighten a control arm? Also, I think the bushing poped out of the CA as well. Will take pictures for better understanding.

HELP PLEASE!!!
[snapback]128544[/snapback]​
theres a problem with your New LCA?

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
well they are not new slightly used. ;) Ed Morad parts. :D but the bushings are new and Ron had put them in for me. Not sure what happened but when i tried to turn the bolt on the drivers side it would not turn, then the passenger side and it moved very easy. So not sure if i just have to buy a new CA or new bolt and nut?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info