3800 INTENSE v ZZP

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Hey, Ive been AWOL from the gp scene for too long, and have kind of lost touch on the big two. Now Im kind of back. I just sold my MR2 the other day and picked up an 89 RX7 with an anemic N/A rotary. That engine has less than a year left in my car before I toss it for something more enjoyable, and Im thinking of going the route of a turbo 3800 or an LS1.

For the cost of an LS1/T56 I could make a very well built 3800/T5 and turbo setup so Im looking into costs of doing both. that being said Im not sure who too look at for parts. IIRC there have been a lot of problems recently with INTENSE and I wanted to ask the opinions of you all before I begin making phone calls about pricing and ideas.

So tell me what you all think about the two. I'd like to make the right choice and not have to deal with replacing parts due to problems.

BC

I

imported_Diavolo

As far as turbo kits go. www.stattama.com is the way to go (MattM). Both ZZP and INTENSE have there problems but it seems that ZZP cares more about there customers than INTENSE.

I have never done any big build so I don't know what to recommend but I would think that ZZP would be the way to go with taking care of customers.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Thanks guys. The turbo kit is going to have to be a one off custom setup. Not many 3800 Rx7's driving around. :D Ill probably have to lean on the experiences of other's in regards to the turbo kit, but Im concerned with cost and cuistomer service for what im getting.

Looks like I'll need to call ZZP in the next few days to pick at their brains about what they think the appropriate route to go is.

BC

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Mar 5 2006, 10:43 PM
i dunno how good bumpin is......but he might be a good person to talk to about hooking your car up......there is also the cartuning turbo kit from wbody store they install it too....
[snapback]117286[/snapback]​
We can certainly help out. The Cartuning kit will not work in this application though without extensive modification.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Def ZZP. they know what they are doing. Intense is pretty good as well. I'm sure ZZP would help you more on your custom project than Intense would....but either have vast amounts of knowledge with this specific engine.

good luck. I'm doing a 350 swap to my 280......I hope you run the times you want.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by GTPPWR@Mar 5 2006, 11:59 PM
Def ZZP. they know what they are doing.  Intense is pretty good as well.  I'm sure ZZP would help you more on your custom project than Intense would....but either have vast amounts of knowledge with this specific engine.

good luck.  I'm doing a 350 swap to my 280......I hope you run the times you want.
[snapback]117297[/snapback]​

looking for low 12's high 11's on 93 with moderate boost. With a car that weighs 2800 lbs it shouldnt be too difficult.

BC

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by BumpinGTP+Mar 5 2006, 10:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-chipmonk212121
@Mar 5 2006, 10:43 PM
i dunno how good bumpin is......but he might be a good person to talk to about hooking your car up......there is also the cartuning turbo kit from wbody store they install it too....
[snapback]117286[/snapback]​
We can certainly help out. The Cartuning kit will not work in this application though without extensive modification.
[snapback]117288[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ill let you know if I need some assitance bumpin. APpreciate the offer. :D

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info