3800 What should I sell my car for??

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
Looking to see what you guys think would be a fair price for me to ask if selling my car. It is a 2000 Navy blue metallic Grand Prix GT

Exterior "mods":
18" MB Design Wheels (looking to add 1200 to selling price, only 2 months old)
35% Window tint on all windows except windsheild

Sound system:
2- 12' Sony Xplod subs
400 W RMS/800 W Max Sony Amp
1 farad cap.
Sony head unit, (plays mp3's, xm hooked up, steering wheel controls still work)

General info:
Cloth seats, 95,000 miles, Cruise, Pwr windows and locks

For a STOCK Grand Prix GT...KBB says $3495 for a trade, and NADA says $5100. If I go private party I was thinking about $7500 with wheels.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i agree, any mods you have are pretty much just gone. unless you had something like a wild engine build and a show stopping stereo. you would have better luck selling the rims outright, and either keeping the stereo for a new car or selling it as well. if kbb says 3750 for trade, and a nada is 5100 im assuming thats for retail. is your car 2 dr or 4 dr? i would say no more than 4500 would be a good asking price. i mean you can ask anything, but someone might pay as much as 5k, and as little as 3500. do you have any service records, receipts or anything? when was the upper plenum gasket replaced last?

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
Originally posted by dole21+Mar 4 2006, 01:36 PM-->
miles...condition of the exterior paint, interior paint? most ppl care about that as well..lol
[snapback]117148[/snapback]​
[/b]
The car has 95,000 miles on it. The exterior paint is good, the interior is very nice. No rips or abnormal wear or anything.

<!--QuoteBegin-phat_ridegt
@Mar 4 2006, 01:49 PM
i agree, any mods you have are pretty much just gone.  unless you had something like a wild engine build and a show stopping stereo.  you would have better luck selling the rims outright, and either keeping the stereo for a new car or selling it as well.  if kbb says 3750 for trade, and a nada is 5100 im assuming thats for retail.  is your car 2 dr or 4 dr?  i would say no more than 4500 would be a good asking price.  i mean you can ask anything, but someone might pay as much as 5k, and as little as 3500.  do you have any service records, receipts or anything?  when was the upper plenum gasket replaced last?
[snapback]117150[/snapback]​

The car is a 4 dr, it is the one in my sig. The KBB and NADA values that I gave were dealer trade in values. The retail for the car would be about $5700 for KBB and $7500 for NADA. I have all of the service records on the car. I haven't had the upper plenum gasket replaced but the valve cover gaskets and LIM gasket was replaced at about 55,000 miles by the dealer. They warned that those would be problem issues later so I might as well get them fixed under warranty.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
well if you had the lim done they did the upper plenum as well. i just called a guy at work and he said black book is like 5-6k. which is what they would expect to pay retail for it. id bet you get get btw 5000-6000 for it. you could make 500 on rims and 500 on stereo seperatly probably so there ya go

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info