3800 Need help

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
Okay, so i'm really getting tired of posting problems with my car...

But heres what i've noticed and I need help to find out what the hell is wrong with it

Okay, to start my idle is crappy, it'll fluctuate roughly 1 to 200 rpms at a stop light or stop sign

I've come to notice this is more present when the vehicle is warm

And yesterday for the first time on my way to work (car fully warmed) i nailed it from a stop light and at WOT it began to stutter, it was going but you can feel a lagging

What the hell is wrong with my car?????

I also beleive i'm getting crappy gas mileage...

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I havent payed much attention to the other posts so I am not shure what you changed but I would say give it a tune up plugs whires take off the coil packs and cote the bottom of them with dielectric grese change fuel filter if that don't do it scan and see what your long term fuel trims are at if you have a vaccume leek then they will be around +15 or 16 other than that I'm not shure what else to check

brett

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
I've tuned this up recently. 4k ago new plugs. 2K ago PCV and coil pack and module. Regular oil changes, everything. I just need a new fuel filter i know. I'm thinking i need to clean the TB or something like that, i dont know though. It seems to do it when its warm, thats a little odd. Theres also a slight noise from the pcv area, i dont know if its normal or not.

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
Originally posted by graphicassult@Feb 22 2006, 10:47 PM
no blower/pulleys

its basically a stock 99 GT

Looks like my day off friday i'mma be dismantling a TB
[snapback]115793[/snapback]​

Check all the vacuum lines first. If any got brittle and broke that could cause a vacuum leak an cause the problem. If u are kickin any codes u can come over to my house and we can check em out. Ive got a scanmaster to so we might be able to check some parameters with that. Talk to ron vogel and keep watchin this thread. Someone might have had the same problem and can give a hand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info