3800 PAGING: Ron Vogel/W-Body Store

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I’d like to know if you guys can fabricate a 3” DP for my 03 SSEi. The DP is slightly different than the 97-03 GTPs. I can see if Ed Morad can send you a stock Bonneville DP for measurements, etc or I can stop by with my car.

If you want, I can see if I get a “group buy” going on the BonnevilleClub.com to make it worth your time. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Tommy

FWIW - I have a TOG DP. Could we use that for the flange and flex?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by TommyGloves@Feb 22 2006, 03:57 PM
I’d like to know if you guys can fabricate a 3” DP for my 03 SSEi. The DP is slightly different than the 97-03 GTPs. I can see if Ed Morad can send you a stock Bonneville DP for measurements, etc or I can stop by with my car.

If you want, I can see if I get a “group buy” going on the BonnevilleClub.com to make it worth your time. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Tommy

[snapback]115689[/snapback]​
Yes, it can be done.
I doubt the Tog DP will be any help, the flex could probably be grafted, but I'd have to chop it up. If you wanted to to a group thing, I'd need to see your car. I could come up with a list of maretials to do it, then we'll line up a list of people for the group buy. Maybe we can make a mod day of sorts at the shop.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by TommyGloves@Feb 22 2006, 03:57 PM

Thanks,
Tommy

doesnt the ssei come with a m60 or m62? are you guys making any power with that blower or are you upgrading to the m90?

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Originally posted by xierxior@Feb 22 2006, 07:32 PM

doesnt the ssei come with a m60 or m62? are you guys making any power with that blower or are you upgrading to the m90?
[snapback]115718[/snapback]​
Same L67 and M90 blower that comes with the W-bodies. The only difference is the engine mounts, coil bracket and the rear exhaust manifold.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Feb 22 2006, 06:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TommyGloves
@Feb 22 2006, 03:57 PM

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes, it can be done.
I doubt the Tog DP will be any help, the flex could probably be grafted, but I'd have to chop it up. If you wanted to to a group thing, I'd need to see your car. I could come up with a list of maretials to do it, then we'll line up a list of people for the group buy. Maybe we can make a mod day of sorts at the shop.
[snapback]115705[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ron - Did you want me to gauge interest now or wait until you see the car? Feel free to call me so we can work out the details. Thanks

Last edited:

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
talking of downpipes, why is it that a WBS downpipe for a GTP is 149.99, while one with a cat is 279.99? I see the added 130 dollars, but if a cat costs 80 bucks, does it really cost 50 dollars just to weld?

Also, with the WBS installations, will there be any option to possibly fabricate cat-back exhaust systems? For instance with PEM's and a downpipe, could i get the exhaust finished in store, or would i need to look elsewhere?

Oh, and this will be around may, and i might be going no cat, once i pass emission in april ill be free to go. If i go no cat, can i get 3" pipe going all the way back to a y collector, bypassing the offroad $70 charge?

Sorry for the money questions. I've just been scraping together every nickel and dime to try to and at least get my exhaust done before i head to college, so i can get rid of the last of my KR, and money is still very tight. I honestly need the best bang for my buck, and I'm putting my faith in you guys, plus you're literally down the street.

I'm looking at

PEM's - 200
DP - 150
Dynomax - 2 X 35
Y - Collect - 50

I had orignally hoped for 600 altogether minus tips, but that only leaves 130 install, exhaust pipe, and the cat?.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but this is what i want, and what i can afford right now. If its not possible i'll save the money. If it is, I'm getting it done asap. TIA

Edit: I greatly apologize for hijacking the thread, however i didnt want to start a new thread, and i didn't want to PM such a lengthy message. thanks

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
First of all, please don't PM because it's really hard for me to keep up with the various forums. Any inquiries should be sent to [email protected] as that will yield you the quickest response.

As for the downpipe, you're comparing our weld-in downpipe to our bolt-in downpipe. We offer our pipe in 3 flavors:

Weld-in (Just the DP piece from the manifold outlet to the cat) - $149.99
Bolt-in Offroad (Replaced everything between the manifold outlet and the catback) - $219.99
Bolt-in Catted (Same as above but with cat) - $279.99

So you're actually paying $60 to upgrade to a catted pipe.

Hope that clears it up.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Feb 26 2006, 10:36 PM
wow, awesome....now for an install, could i get the weld in and the cat separate? and have those thrown together?
[snapback]116338[/snapback]​
They are actually pre-manufactured, so we'd have to cut them apart and then re-weld them. Is there a particular reason you want it this way? Maybe there is a solution that isn't apparent.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well, you'd still have the u-bend in place if you did that and I'm sure you don't want that. Aside for that, you would be looking at $100 labor for the weld-in pipe versus $50.00 labor for the bolt-in so getting the better pipe will actually end up costing you the same in the long run.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
well i have the u-bend delete already, except i believe the diameter is too small for my liking.

What i want

PEM's
3" Downpipe
Highflow Cat
3" Exhaust to a 3>2.5" Y collector
2.5" to dual mufflers

I guess the cheapest way is to buy the bolt in catted dp. and just worry about the 3" exhaust from the cat back. cool. any idea what that would cost?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
They'll be backordered for quite some time. If you want one we suggest getting your order in now as they are on a relatively quick 1 week turnaround time right now.

Tommy, I have a set of Bonneville PEMs in stock right now. We made them by accident so if you know anyone that can use them they're $200 w/ no core required.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Originally posted by Mike K@Feb 27 2006, 10:44 PM
Tommy, I have a set of Bonneville PEMs in stock right now.  We made them by accident so if you know anyone that can use them they're $200 w/ no core required.
[snapback]116535[/snapback]​

Mike - I already have PEMs on my SSEi. But if you send me some pics I can post 'em up on the Bonneville forums.

Also, I have 2 sets of GTP stock exh manifolds with xover and a 1 set from my SSEi that I can I'd like to offer up for your $50 core purchase offer. I know you don't want Bonneville mani's...but I'm sure if you ported them...I could get a buyer for 'em.

I can bring the cores with me when I meet with Ron to discuss my Bonne DP. BTW - Can you remind him to call me. B)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info