3800 WTB: Low Speed Laptop

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Hey guys, I forget who got me my laptop a while back. But Im looking for a low speed laptop again.

366mhz +
128 mb ram +
serial port
Windows OS
working battery

Those are the basic requirements. Not looking to spend much at all, just something for a programmer. Let me know what you got, and what kind of prices your looking for. Thanks everyone.

Mike

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Feb 20 2006, 10:15 PM
Blown- I dont really know a number.  If you know the specs list them, and Ill shoot out a price compared to that on the website Ron listed.  Thanks

Thanks for the site Ron.  That should be very helpful.  Have you ever used it before?  Was the service pretty good?  Thanks again

Mike
[snapback]115410[/snapback]​
I've used it...I bought 30 laptops from them last year!

They lease to companies, when the lease is up they sell them. I did an employee purchase through my company and the prices were outrageously low.

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Feb 20 2006, 12:43 PM
Mike,
Checkout retrobox.com
[snapback]115310[/snapback]​

I wish I knew about this site a few days ago, I just bought a Gateway Laptop from Worst Buy for $449.00. I thought that the deal I got was phenominal and nowhere to be found, and this site has several PC's that are comparible in price. Hmmm maybe it will have to get returned when it arrives tomorrow. :unsure:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by milleniumgt+Feb 21 2006, 12:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Feb 20 2006, 12:43 PM
Mike,
Checkout retrobox.com
[snapback]115310[/snapback]​

I wish I knew about this site a few days ago, I just bought a Gateway Laptop from Worst Buy for $449.00. I thought that the deal I got was phenominal and nowhere to be found, and this site has several PC's that are comparible in price. Hmmm maybe it will have to get returned when it arrives tomorrow. :unsure:
[snapback]115497[/snapback]​
[/b]
Weigh out price vs the cost of a new battery too. Half of the laptops I recieved had crappy batteries. Also look carefully at the item decriptions, they list condition of the laptops. Remember these are used, most by travelling professionals. Some have some decent wear 'n tear. I did have a few shipped to me that were damaged during shipping (cracked screens) it took a while for replacement, but they did remedy the problem. Their S/H fee is high, so you are best off buying a few (group buy) to offset the cost. After I placed batch order I would call to have a lot S/H fee replaced with individual fees for each unit.

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Feb 21 2006, 02:16 PM
Weigh out price vs the cost of a new battery too. Half of the laptops I recieved had crappy batteries. Also look carefully at the item decriptions, they list condition of the laptops. Remember these are used, most by travelling professionals. Some have some decent wear 'n tear. I did have a few shipped to me that were damaged during shipping (cracked screens) it took a while for replacement, but they did remedy the problem. Their S/H fee is high, so you are best off buying a few (group buy) to offset the cost. After I placed batch  order I would call to have a lot S/H fee replaced with individual fees for each unit.
[snapback]115502[/snapback]​

I just did a really quick glance earlier and didn't notice that the laptops come with no OS on them and that it costs an additional $109 to put a copy on them. Not like it's hard to get a crack copy of XP for free these days <_< , but that puts those into the range that I am in with the new Gateway laptop. I would probably have to get a wireless card and a new battery as you mentioned. That would price it over a bit. It is good to know that this site is out there though, maybe I will pick one up somewhere down the line so I can have a laptop to mess around with (as the one I bought is for the folks so they can learn to use the net).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info