3800 ZZP Ported M90 and machined intake manifold?

vdan02

Jan 2, 2008
Well, yesterday, i went to replace my pully yesterday... and it didnt exactly work out as planned puly had a nick on the ... so i am giving up on replacing pullys, and im thinking about ordering a ported m90 from zzp.... with the full supercharger and pully already pressed....

what can i expect performance wise from zzp's ported s/c, and m achined intake manifold? i really need to get this problem fixed soon, so quick responces are very welcomed....

I will be ordering the ported blower tomorrow, with 3.4 pressed on... and possibly machined intake depending on responces...

Thanks

Dan

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by vdan02@Feb 12 2006, 01:55 PM
Well, yesterday, i went to replace my pully yesterday... and it didnt exactly work out as planned puly had a nick on the ... so i am giving up on replacing pullys, and im thinking about ordering a ported m90 from zzp.... with the full supercharger and pully already pressed.... 

what can i expect performance wise from zzp's ported s/c, and m achined intake manifold? i really need to get this problem fixed soon, so quick responces are very welcomed.... 

I will be ordering the ported blower tomorrow, with 3.4 pressed on... and possibly machined intake depending on responces...

Thanks

Dan
[snapback]113957[/snapback]​
the potring and polishing if your getting both done on the blower and LIM people have seen about 15-20 depending on each car,and other factors, the blower runs cooler which is always a power adder so it will help, id get a 3.2 and get a good tune, a 3.4 is a waste and the 3.2 isnt a huge diff, i was able to drop it with no ported blower or LIM work, and its a nice torque gain, dont think of the 3.4 as wall that requires alot to get past. just gett colder thermoand colder sparks,a nd scan..you should be fine...but make sure you scan, i fyou plan ot ge tmore mods you will end up selling the 3.4 soon anyways, i switched just to see and saw no knock with 3.2 make sure you have little exhasut restiction, DP/u-bend work, even a cat back to a point, if you dont plan on getting headers free up the rest of the system as much as posible try wrapping your crossover or mani's too
and PEMs dont cost much. build it up to handle th 3.2 first then slap it all on , your car will be alot of fun, i ran mid 13's with a sim setup and half race gas mix

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Ported you say?

You mean something like this?:
upload_43f00e46ba342.jpg

Took me a whole 2 hours...well, maybe an hour and a half... :lolsign:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm such a tease...

No, this is a development mule. We're probably going to be doing some ported blowers soon. I just wanted to do some experimenting with different techniques. We need to CNC model a design, then have it milled. I have a ways to go, before I can start porting blowers for people.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by sinr247+Feb 12 2006, 02:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-vdan02
@Feb 12 2006, 01:55 PM

Thanks

Dan
[snapback]113957[/snapback]​
the potring and polishing if your getting both done on the blower and LIM people have seen about 15-20 depending on each car,and other factors, the blower runs cooler which is always a power adder so it will help, id get a 3.2 and get a good tune, a 3.4 is a waste and the 3.2 isnt a huge diff, i was able to drop it with no ported blower or LIM work, and its a nice torque gain, dont think of the 3.4 as wall that requires alot to get past. just gett colder thermoand colder sparks,a nd scan..you should be fine...but make sure you scan, i fyou plan ot ge tmore mods you will end up selling the 3.4 soon anyways, i switched just to see and saw no knock with 3.2 make sure you have little exhasut restiction, DP/u-bend work, even a cat back to a point, if you dont plan on getting headers free up the rest of the system as much as posible try wrapping your crossover or mani's too
and PEMs dont cost much. build it up to handle th 3.2 first then slap it all on , your car will be alot of fun, i ran mid 13's with a sim setup and half race gas mix
[snapback]113958[/snapback]​
[/b]

English_Motherfucker_Do_You_Speak_It.jpg

vdan02

Jan 2, 2008
but i mean, its all in what plans you have for your car.... for me, it wouldnt really be worth it... cos' if my charger were to take a shit or anything like that... i would just buy the whipple kit...

if your looking to get as much power out of the stock charger as possible, by all means, port it... and lower the temps... and get some more horse while your at it....

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info