3800 New Tires

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Ok, Steve and I both need tires...all for 4 of them on both GTPs(his are nearly completely bald all the way around and mine are neary the same), to be exact...we're looking at the Yokohama AVID V4S...in normal stock sizing...wanted to know if anyone has or had any good/bad experience with Yokohama or recommends anything better (within the same price range as the Yokohamas) Also looking to get all 8 tires (mounted, balanced, and aligned) in two weeks or so.

Any opinions?

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
I absolutely love my Falken Ziex 235/55/16.. Yes they are a little wider and smaller sidwall then stock and they work like magic..... I know they are about 99 dollars a peice at discount tire... I dont know how much the Yoko's are. I love my tires in ANY condition and tread looks dam great. After these are worn out in a few yrs... Im for sure getting them again. I believe the cost of mount and balance at discount tire company is 475 or somethin. If you find something cheaper they will do a pricematch gladly.

Goodluck!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by gambino GTP@Feb 11 2006, 12:02 AM
I absolutely love my Falken Ziex 235/55/16.. Yes they are a little wider and smaller sidwall then stock and they work like magic..... I know they are about 99 dollars a peice at discount tire... I dont know how much the Yoko's are. I love my tires in ANY condition and tread looks dam great.  After these are worn out in a few yrs... Im for sure getting them again. I believe the cost of mount and balance at discount tire company is 475 or somethin. If you find something cheaper they will do a pricematch gladly.

Goodluck!
[snapback]113775[/snapback]​
Same size is $77 on www.vulcantire.com I got my set from them, and other than a fitting fiasco with Farm and Fleet, it went well. They are great for the first year, but they will lose their bite quickly. It's a good tire, just not too long lasting. Another good value is the BFG Traction T/A.

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
We looked at the BFG Traction T/As...I didn't like the reviews on the tread wear and noise. Reviews on the Yokos were a lot better on tread wear and noise levels. We were also looking at the Bridgestone Potenza, which tirerack.com rated as #3, where the Yokos were rated #2, and the BFG Traction were #4 for our cars. The Yokos were highly rated in every thing but "deep snow traction"....what the heck do they consider "deep snow"? I hate buying tires!

And yes, we're both looking at performance tires.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by LeeGTP@Feb 11 2006, 09:31 PM
GoodYear Assurance All-Season tire. I know not a  Performance tire but a excellent tire Snow Wet & Dry with a 80,000 mile warranty.  I just use them for my fall and winter tires.  $500 out the door Discount Tire in Naperville.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...ance+TripleTred
[snapback]113878[/snapback]​

Thats what I have and I love them. About a year later and they still look new. Quieter than the dunlops I replaced, which where tons quieter than the stock ones. Good grip in all conditions.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The Yoko's Avid T4's that tire rack carries are the same tread pattern of the YK420's that Discount tire carries. I think it's just renamed for Disc tire. I had them for my previous set. It's a decent tire, and fairly long wearing. A little wallowy on the side wall, but a decent all-around tire. I pulled several 1.9 60's on them so they bite fairly well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info