3800 In the shop

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
My car goes into the shop tonight (after work)

I want them to replace my valve cover gaskets becasue i'm almost certain thats whats giving me my problem. (smoke only from the right bank of the engine and on long hauls oil drips of the cat, hard for a rear main to do)

And i told them to look at my intake manifold, see what they would charge and probly have em do it so i can get everything fixed

So they dont give an estimate and tell me "we'll look at it and get back to you about it, with cars you never know"

If they try to screw me over, i'll be pissed like none other, and then be forced to do the work myself in the freezing cold...ugh

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
Ok thinking about this for a little bit.

If i dont have the shop do the work

How long would i have to wait to get the work done...
(I would really like to do it this weekend, i have the tools (minus torque wrench) and would include some pay to all who helped. And would also like to use my garage, its not directly heated but its not chilly)

And who wants to volunteer? Chad i know you could probly hook up some people. The only thing i know is i want it done right the first time

I'll still have the shop look at the oil leak, if it is the valve covers i'll make it a DIY project, if its something under the engine i might be able to do it early saturday...

Anyways if you want to possibly volunteer it will kinda be short notice, this weekend would be PREFERABLE..gimme a call at 309.530.9295 but try and im me first

redgt03

Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Peoria, il
Originally posted by graphicassult@Feb 8 2006, 08:44 PM
Ok thinking about this for a little bit.

If i dont have the shop do the work

How long would i have to wait to get the work done...
    (I would really like to do it this weekend, i have the tools (minus torque wrench) and would include some pay to all who helped. And would also like to use my garage, its not directly heated but its not chilly)

And who wants to volunteer? Chad i know you could probly hook up some people. The only thing i know is i want it done right the first time

I'll still have the shop look at the oil leak, if it is the valve covers i'll make it a DIY project, if its something under the engine i might be able to do it early saturday...

Anyways if you want to possibly volunteer it will kinda be short notice, this weekend would be PREFERABLE..gimme a call at 309.530.9295 but try and im me first
[snapback]113253[/snapback]​

Everything is in the works.....I pm'd Jay already....if we get cody or doug then we will be good to go....This weekend might be short notice, but next weekend for sure. I am free next weekend...and I can come down to twin......

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
So i found out my mom ordered the work on the car, at least the oil leak

which i was right was valve cover gaskets

And they told us 2 things

1) Intake manifold is good, and was probly replaced already
I still seem to have a vaccum leak and poor gas mileage plus the shaking when i start it up sometimes

2) The mechanic saw "crankshaft movement" i dont know what he meant by this but isnt this a little hard to accomplish?

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
Originally posted by redgt03@Feb 9 2006, 03:45 PM
lets just swap another gt engine in there....  :)
[snapback]113469[/snapback]​

Wth hell kyle. Just pm me and we can take a look at it. If u need help pm me and we can see who can help us. Im sure i can get another person here in town to help to and my bro would be down. Just try to figure out what the problem is.

redgt03

Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Peoria, il
Originally posted by my97gtp+Feb 9 2006, 06:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-redgt03
@Feb 9 2006, 03:45 PM

Wth hell kyle. Just pm me and we can take a look at it. If u need help pm me and we can see who can help us. Im sure i can get another person here in town to help to and my bro would be down. Just try to figure out what the problem is.
[snapback]113487[/snapback]​
[/b]

so what is the plan...are we doing this next weekend?

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
Originally posted by redgt03+Feb 10 2006, 06:33 AM-->
Originally posted by my97gtp@Feb 9 2006, 06:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-redgt03

[snapback]113607[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well the oil leak should be fixed today, thankfully. I'm going to check out my car tomorrow when i have a lift available to me, and if i decide to do the intake, i'll get a hold of yea

redgt03

Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Peoria, il
Originally posted by graphicassult+Feb 10 2006, 06:45 AM-->
Originally posted by redgt03@Feb 10 2006, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by my97gtp@Feb 9 2006, 06:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-redgt03

[snapback]113607[/snapback]​

Well the oil leak should be fixed today, thankfully. I'm going to check out my car tomorrow when i have a lift available to me, and if i decide to do the intake, i'll get a hold of yea
[snapback]113608[/snapback]​
[/b]

ok....let me know....are you and your teacher fixing the oil leak? You are not paying to do it right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info