3800 Fixing my car, who wants to help?

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
Okay, so it looks like i need a new intake manifold, ugh.

Really not that bad, just a lil bit out of my budget. Anyways who wants to come help me and chad? I cant buy you guys beer or anything, but i'll throw in money for you to get some. Or possibly a nice cheap dinner.

Anyways if any one wants to help (especially if you have experience with it please help)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by graphicassult@Feb 4 2006, 08:28 PM
Okay, so it looks like i need a new intake manifold, ugh.

Really not that bad, just a lil bit out of my budget. Anyways who wants to come help me and chad? I cant buy you guys beer or anything, but i'll throw in money for you to get some. Or possibly a nice cheap dinner.

Anyways if any one wants to help (especially if you have experience with it please help)
[snapback]112804[/snapback]​

i was replacing mine, i just got new gaskets,now im not,so ill sell you the gaskets...save you a little money on shipping,there still in packaging

chad has my number

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
The whole intake manifold or just the gaskets????......had my dad (he's a 20+ year mechanic) supervise as Steve and I changed the gaskets on my GTP......after all was said and done took us about 6 hours (this includes adding a Mag snout)....and including the running out and getting the new yellow o-rings because the damn parts store didn't include it with the gasket set I had already purchased after they said it was included. It's not TOO much of a PITA...but it can be if you don't have the right parts (or all of them, in my case, like the correct gasket sealant) to begin with.

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
well i wouldnt have a snout because its only a gt. And yes the whole damn manifold because in 99 i guess these were prone to failure. So they have "redesigned them" as i've been told, 150 bucks and i believe it comes with gaskets and all.

It would be a simple take off, exchange, tighten thing...i hope

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Feb 4 2006, 11:34 PM
If it doesn't come with gaskets you may not need new ones. The ones on there are a plastic frame with a rubber surround...even for the TB. They are pretty reuseable.
[snapback]112825[/snapback]​

If you want I can see if i can get you discount on one, and if you get a dorman intake manifold, they come with all the gaskets, and a new thermostat.

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
Originally posted by Blownbyyou+Feb 5 2006, 12:11 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Feb 4 2006, 11:34 PM
If it doesn't come with gaskets you may not need new ones. The ones on there are a plastic frame with a rubber surround...even for the TB. They are pretty reuseable.
[snapback]112825[/snapback]​

If you want I can see if i can get you discount on one, and if you get a dorman intake manifold, they come with all the gaskets, and a new thermostat.
[snapback]112829[/snapback]​
[/b]

go for it man. I'll throw in a tip for ya too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info