3800 destroyed a m3 on I-90

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
a newer m3 came flying up on my ass as I'm heading to work on I-90 I slow down and he flys over to the first lane and weaves in and out of traffic...
at this point I notice it's a m3 and before I know it my foot is planeted firmly on the floor.. ok, at this point he has a huge lead on me but I keep it planted..
80 hes up there
96 a LITTLE closer...
110 still pulling a little bit
126 yeah hes slowing down I'm pulling like a frieght train now (he must of noticed me in hot pursuit and slowed down to see what it was)

ok, so this gets kinda odd I pull up on him slowly and look over at him he glances over and nails it we're about a mile from 53 with barely any traffic ahead of us at about 10:30pm..
he plants the pedal and I proceed to do the same

60 dead even
75 dead even
85 (ok I'm thinking wtf now)
90 dead even
100 dead even
120 dead even
130 dead even
135 dead even
140 (oh shit here comes 53 we both slow down to about 80 with me on his ass)
we both take the turn to get onto 53 he thinks he'll be a smartass and try to loose me on the onramp so we get up to about 60 (both cars barely holding traction)
he slows down at the top of the onramp because of a car we drop down to about 30 (I grin as it's the gp's sweet spot)
I nail it at about 35mph and he does the same and I'm pulling on him slightly by about 120 I had two car leanths on him.. we both slow down and he gives me the thumbs up :) I was tempted to give him the finger.. erm.. but I ended up just giving him the thumbs up to B)

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
4362af55.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
So you beat a 333HP E46 ///M3 on the highway, AND outhandled it on the offramp? I think It would take more than a 3.4 and supporting mods to run even with a E46 M3 on the highway. They run low to mid 13's stock, and pull like beasts on the highway. Are you sure it wasnt just a 330CI with performance package or something?

I know a few people with M3's, my friend Mark has a E36 with a turbo, my friend George has a E36 with nitrous, my friend Andy has a E46, and my uncle has a E46. I know how fast they are, and I know that it will take more than a GTP with 3.4 and supporting mods to run with a E46, expecally on the highway.

My friend George's M3
DSC00886Small.jpg

My friend Andys M3
DSC00895Small.jpg

My Uncles M3
BMWM3Pic1.jpg

Sorry, I thought I had a picture of Marks front mount on my computer but I cant find it.

Are you sure you didnt race one of these.... (my friends 330ci <looks like a M3)
DSC01796Small.jpg

I

imported_Theautoguy

A year or two after the Porsche Boxter came out I ran into one on 355 while I was in the Regal. I had installed the GMPP sway bars a little before this so I was a little eager to play a little. To my amazement, this Boxter, complete with a grey haired owner decided that he was going to lose me on some long off-ramp leading into a couple of curves. While he was into it, I was pacing him through all of these curves! I assume that the driver lacked the skill to bring a Boxter to it's edge where I knew I couldn't go but as it was, he couldn't lose me...boy was he pissed to see the assumingly docile, mundane 4-door pile of American duffusness still pacing him through tight turns at over 60 mph.

I would have loved to have had the 18's back then...I think I could have passed him!

I've since calmed down.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
yeah, he wasn't the best driver I admit but I still pulled him from 30mph right when we reached the top of the off ramp.

it's funny you say these cars run 13's stock but its not the first m3 I've keept up with on the highway? I've raced another I admit I didn't win because I couldn't pass him but I stayed right on his ass as he treid to swerv to get away from me :blink:

I may have won because he didn't downshift or something at the top of the ramp... doesn't matter a kill is a kill.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
nice kill

i got burnt bad a couple weekends ago on the highway by an m3...it looked brand new..not sure what motor or any specs...but we started at 80 and i only got to 110 and he was 3-4 cars ahead and pulling hard..bad car

on the same note last year i raced an m3 that was a 98 (dunno what model or anything abot it) and i had him the whole way, we raced twice....he missed 3rd the first time and he gave up the 2nd....

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Jan 29 2006, 08:55 AIDS
nice kill

i got burnt bad a couple weekends ago on the highway by an m3...it looked brand new..not sure what motor or any specs...but we started at 80 and i only got to 110 and he was 3-4 cars ahead and pulling hard..bad car

on the same note last year i raced an m3 that was a 98 (dunno what model or anything abot it) and i had him the whole way, we raced twice....he missed 3rd the first time and he gave up the 2nd....
[snapback]112105[/snapback]​

wow that car of yours is going to be a different beast once you get that xp cam in..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info