3800 In search of used rotors...

BLACKRAVEN

Sinister Drag Designs
Nov 7, 2007
Joliet
Originally posted by Mikes1998GTP@Jan 16 2006, 10:30 PM
anybody have a set of used or fairly new rotors laying around they would consider selling?  mine can't be cut anymore and I need to get some soon.. the dealership wants $80 a rotor for new ones...  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mike
[snapback]110532[/snapback]​
I recomend going to napa they have ways had the best stuff. I have bought them for auto zone and they were worped in a month. If you wont to spen some $ go on ebay and get some cross drilled and slotted. You will also need some ceramic pad if you get cross drilled and slotted. They are pricey but it made a big diffrence. There is a seller on ebay called rotor works, I thik thats it. Also if you don't get those rotrs I recomed still to get ceramic pads. they last longer and stop better. They sell pads on ebay also for cheap. the ones I found that work the best are axis pad. they stop nice and don't leave much brack dust. hopfuly that helped. later BIG V

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
Originally posted by BigJermGTP@Jan 17 2006, 12:04 AM
Just buy new ones and be done with them for a while. Is it worth paying labor 20 different times for the same thing.  ;)

This can be easily done in a driveway, but understandable if youve never done it or dont have the tools
[snapback]110557[/snapback]​

when the weather gets nicer out, how much would you charge to put the new rotors on? i thought it was a huge ordeal to pop them off and put new ones on? i thought i remembered being at Midas years ago and some guy with a jack hammer hitting them trying to get them off?

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
I had a wheel hub and bearing replaced under warranty last night, took the technician over an hour to try and get the hub off... two guys with air guns had to both pry it off, so I'm guessing there was some rusting... at least I got a new one and it was covered under warranty, cause I heard they run a couple hundred? They showed me the pads and rotors, there isnt much life left in them and told me I have maybe a month at most... so I'm struggling here with ideas, but appreciate your help with this guys...

Mike

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
yeah, the hubs can be a bit more problematic. the only thing really difficult about changing the rotors, if you call it difficult is removing the caliper mounts from around the rotor. but like others said, dont bother with used if you can avoid it, you never know what you are getting.... same for the 'economy' autozone rotors... go napa premium/raybestos, or OE....
as for pads, it depends on your driving style and intentions.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

hey man, if you don't have the tools, I can give you a hand, it's too easy of a job to pay someone else to do it. My record for brakes and rotors on all four corners is 40 min. from rolling in the garage to rolling out, but that was at the shop. Anyways, enough of stroking my own ego, I have the tools and a heater in the garage, so drop me a PM, I think my weekend is fairly open.
CJ

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
sounds good, thanks for the offer. I still have this current issue if anyone wants to throw some advice out there?

The SES light is still on and the dealer thinks its because of the DHP PCM which I've had on my car for almost 5mo without any problems, and another service guy said it had to do with some anti-theft code running through the PCM? Anybody ran into this before with the PCM's? I emailed Charles, haven't heard from him yet...

Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info