3800 wobbly Belt at idle

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
I popped my hood just for fun and while I was lookin at the belt it was shifting left to right at idle. I noticed my tensioner pulley doing a tiny weird wobble.

How can I fix this? Could it just be tigtened up? Are there specs to how tight? If i need new parts do you know where I can get them from?

At a quick glance the mechanic told me I need a new tensioner pulley assesmbly... he said the spring behind the tensioner was giving out causing the belt to wobble.

please help :(

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The tensioner pulley is available from the dealership for about $22-25 depending on their mark-up. We have the WBS oversized tensioner pulley for under $20 on our website. I just got a shipment of them by mistake, if you want to contact Mike K about it, you can pick it up from me to skip shipping. I'll even throw it on for you (10 Min job)

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jan 12 2006, 10:39 AM
The tensioner pulley is available from the dealership for about $22-25 depending on their mark-up. We have the WBS oversized tensioner pulley for under $20 on our website. I just got a shipment of them by mistake, if you want to contact Mike K about it, you can pick it up from me to skip shipping. I'll even throw it on for you (10 Min job)
[snapback]110073[/snapback]​

Sure I would love to buy it and install it... Let me know how I can purchase the pulley...do i just give you cash? Thank you :D

--Adam

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by gambino GTP+Jan 12 2006, 02:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Jan 12 2006, 10:39 AM
[snapback]110073[/snapback]​

Sure I would love to buy it and install it... Let me know how I can purchase the pulley...do i just give you cash? Thank you :D

--Adam
[snapback]110095[/snapback]​
[/b]
They really aren't mine to sell, you'd have to go through Mike at the W-body store for it. If you e-mail him with it I'm sure he'd be fine about it. Maybe he'll allow me to take cash for it, but you'd have to ask him. I don't want to mess up his books!

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jan 12 2006, 07:47 PM
Yes, but I'm a little hard up for free time. When are you thinking of doing it?
[snapback]110118[/snapback]​

Whenever your ready...I dont push my car hard at all so im not worried about anything dramatic happening...Whenever your ready for the install of all the mods together let me know. If you cant do all the mods at once .....then let me know when to do the pulley thats #1 on my list as of right now. So whenever your ready let me know....How soon do u think you can do it? Thank you

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The tensioner pulley won't take me long. I can do it quickly, Just a bit uncertain of chaning the mounts in a timely manner.

Tell you what, I'll be home in the evening Tues (maybe after 7-8pm) and Wed (after (7pm). I go out of town until Late Sunday after that. I will have all the following Monday off. If you want to do it before I take off it's understandable. Shoot me a PM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• AdamGTP7
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list