3800 Muffler Sound Question

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Everyone asks ' whats the loudest, most annoying muffler you can buy?' Or 'whats slightly louder than stock?'.

Well, I ask you all : What's the QUIETEST muffler you can buy?

I'd like to go the other way in sound. My setup is loud loud loud. TOGS - TOG flex - Magnaflow CAT - 3" - 3" Y - Flowmaster 40's - Ractive tips. I don't care about restriction or performance. I've achived my goals with the car and now I want a civil sounding machine.

J.E.T.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Remove cat, use 2 resonators with smaller than 3" piping. For mufflers, Hemi super turbos. You really need stock mufflers to make quieter than stock, then a 6" round muffler as a resonator (as long as the car's not lowered. If it's lowered you'll need the 4" round.

markymarc

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
JET, I have TOG's with a stock cat-back and it is very civil/quiet. It has just the right tone with that Pontiac trademark sound. You can still hear the blower at low speeds.

I'd rather hear the Eaton any day instead of the obnoxious drone of an aftermarket system that nets you 3 hp.

If I wasn't mistaken, the last time I was at James Dean Muffler (still there?), he had a few stock systems laying around.

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Flowmaster 40's have to be one of the loudest drones ever!! .... throw on stock cat-back with your TOG's.... It should sound great! If u want it really quite then also put in your stock cat.

My drone was louder with my old setup of flowmaster 40's rather then my new setup of SLP loudmouth..

It has to be the 3" piping and the combonation of the flowmasters that are droning so hard.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Jan 4 2006, 12:23 PM
Everyone asks ' whats the loudest, most annoying muffler you can buy?'  Or 'whats slightly louder than stock?'.

Well, I ask you all :  What's the QUIETEST muffler you can buy? 

I'd like to go the other way in sound.  My setup is loud loud loud.  TOGS - TOG flex - Magnaflow CAT - 3" - 3" Y - Flowmaster 40's - Ractive tips.  I don't care about restriction or performance.  I've achived my goals with the car and now I want a civil sounding machine.

J.E.T.
[snapback]109274[/snapback]​
force mufflers from summit sound nice as hell. aggressive sound on the high end,quiet and aggressive tone when cruising

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by gambino GTP@Jan 4 2006, 04:29 PM
Flowmaster 40's have to be one of the loudest drones ever!! .... throw on stock cat-back with your TOG's.... It should sound great! If u want it really quite then also put in your stock cat.

My drone was louder with my old setup of flowmaster 40's rather then my new setup of SLP loudmouth..

It has to be the 3" piping and the combonation of the flowmasters that are droning so hard.
[snapback]109309[/snapback]​
Bigger pipe is definately louder. It's worse when you have restrictions down the line. The sound pulses stagnante in the pipe, and thud against each other. This is the worst kind of droning most people get. In any exhaust it's always optimal to veiw it as a system. It should always flow from highest to lowest pressure.

BLACKRAVEN

Sinister Drag Designs
Nov 7, 2007
Joliet
[snapback]109274[/snapback]​
[/quote]
force mufflers from summit sound nice as hell. aggressive sound on the high end,quiet and aggressive tone when cruising
[snapback]109356[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I have the foce mufflers and a summit resignator. it sounds nice. if you go to hooter you can hear it later. V

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info