3800 need some help with my beater

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Kyle, pull a plug a wire and stick a screwdriver in it. Place it so that the insulated part of the screwdriver is resting on something and so that the metal portion of the screwdriver is less than half of an inch away (but not touching) from a known good ground. Crank and see if you get a spark.

If you do get spark then verify that you're getting fuel. The tracker is throttle body injection. You should be able to rip the intake and all those goodies off in ~10 minutes and see if there is fuel squirting on the throttle plate when you crank it.

Finally, depending on how long you've been cranking it, the vehicle might be flooded. If you find an obvious problem and it still doesn't start try starting it with the gas pedal stuck to the floor.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
i'll try what you said mike once it gets light out.

and i've tried starting with the throttle to the floor, it acted like this a week ago but then eventually started ok after messing with it and gasing it and there was no problem again until now.

and i would definetly say its flooded you can smell the gas, that happened last time as well.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Yank the plugs out, blow them off and wait an hour or so before you reinstal them. This will alow the cylinders to dry out a bit. If it did this before but ran well after that then it shouldn't be a "jumped" timing chain/belt. If it has an ignition module, take it out and have it tested at an O'Reillys or Auto Zone. I would take this opportunity to do a tune up; replace the cap, plugs, wires and coil. It sounds more like an ignition issue over a fuel issue to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Kyle
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list