3800 PEM's

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Dec 30 2005, 12:40 PM
I didnt see any other coating option for the wbody pem's.  By the looks of the picture I would guess Black powder coating???  Are these new PEM's or are they taken off of another GP and ported/polished?  :unsure:
[snapback]108735[/snapback]​

From what I know these are brand new Stock exhaust manifolds. W-body ports them out and does some sort of re-weld. They charge you a core becaue they eith want your original from your car so they can port those or you can order the PEMs from w-body store and they will be brand new, but like I said they will hold you to that core charge until you send them your stockers.

I would just go with the black powder coating. You might as well because I would still wrap the manis. You'll never see the coating then

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
if we can get a group buy im down to buy a set too

im right with ya tonz......ZZP's - i've never been dissapointed with their quality and service. the W-body are a great price, and they're local. Hulkspeed can coat, and wrap the PEM's for only 250. Don't know how well they do a job of porting and polishing however.

I wanna go with hulk due to the wrapping, but if they dont do much to the mani's.......whats the point? I need a major selling point to convince me, however i do know that i will be buying the w-body downpipe to go with them.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Our manifolds are used (so are everyone elses) thus the core charge. When compared to other PEMs (side by side) you'll see that no one opens up the front manifold as much as we do. I can say with the utmost confidence that our manifolds are the best on the market (I'll post side by side pictures with the competition's tomorrow).

With respect to coatings, we currently do not coat which is why our price is significantly cheaper for a manifold that is ported better.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by Mike K@Dec 31 2005, 01:46 PM
Our manifolds are used (so are everyone elses) thus the core charge.  When compared to other PEMs (side by side) you'll see that no one opens up the front manifold as much as we do.  I can say with the utmost confidence that our manifolds are the best on the market (I'll post side by side pictures with the competition's tomorrow). 

With respect to coatings, we currently do not coat which is why our price is significantly cheaper for a manifold that is ported better.
[snapback]108812[/snapback]​

Mike,
Can we order them pre wrapped? Now since they are not new PEM's is there any reliability issues considering my car is fairly new? (22K) Might be a goofy question but hey im new to most of this stuff.
thanks
Tony

edit: Mike do you know anyone who can coat them for a fair price?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Can we order them pre wrapped?
I don't see why not though we would have to check on pricing for you.

Now since they are not new PEM's is there any reliability issues considering my car is fairly new? (22K)
Absolutely none. The front manifold is cast iron and the rear tubular steel. Both are not "wear" items and both would be the same whether from the factory or with 300,000 miles. :)

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
If you guys could get maybe a price going with them wrapped, i would buy a set off of you guys in a second along with your downpipe.

If you guys can offer 225 for them wrapped, i'd buy in a heartbeat, as im sure many others would. the wrap is a pretty big selling point i think, especially for daily drivers in the summer, when heat soak and underhood temps are killer.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
[/quote]
Absolutely none. The front manifold is cast iron and the rear tubular steel. Both are not "wear" items and both would be the same whether from the factory or with 300,000 miles. :)
[snapback]108821[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Thanks

Is it possible I can pick them up instead of paying all the shipping costs?

Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Dec 31 2005, 03:50 PM
If you guys could get maybe a price going with them wrapped, i would buy a set off of you guys in a second along with your downpipe.

If you guys can offer 225 for them wrapped, i'd buy in a heartbeat, as im sure many others would.  the wrap is a pretty big selling point i think, especially for daily drivers in the summer, when heat soak and underhood temps are killer.
[snapback]108827[/snapback]​

X2!!!!!

Ive been looking along with everyone else and like you said the wrapping is big.

Mike if you could let us know of anything to help us out that would be awesome, possible group buy too, Im sure many out there are looking for this mod this spring, I know I am.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info