3800 Christmas "foreplay" (aka, season)

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

So it's that time of year again, you know, the time where husbands are turned into subservient pawns for labor, financing and transportation by our wives! I put the tree up a couple weekends ago…but we couldn’t decorate it until my niece could be there so it could be “family” moment; my niece (whom lives with us…I think) is 19 and has a boyfriend…she’s home about 8 minutes a week, usually around 3:15 Monday mornings. So we had to wait to decorate our tree until 3:15 Monday morning…”Whatever!” I chose to decorate it early but they didn’t like it;

Crappy_Holidays.jpg

Yes, this was our tree! Further, this picture is no on the front of our Christmas cards which leads my to my next instance of Christmas born subservience.

After my “T.P. the Tree” incident, the wife decided that it would make a funny card…so we were going to make our Christmas cards this year, “WHOOPIE!” I come home from work on Friday only to be greeted by her and her “black cloud of brooding” hovering over her head. It seemed that she had been trying all day to get the layout right for the cards; she got it right Saturday morning…around 5:00! Now it was time to print them.

So I pick up some HP greeting card stock ($20) to be a help. I was subsequently asked (told) to go and buy more ink for the printer. I go out and buy some stamps and two ink cartridges ($40 just for the ink!) thinking that I was being nice since she’ll only need one, right? Wrong! I was informed this morning, while I was staring at the “Stack” of cards to my wife’s left, that I need to go out and buy two more ink cartridges (Yes, another $40!) so that she could finish the cards.

First, I didn’t think that we had THAT many friends! I have a few. For instance, my best friend, Ray, has been my drinking buddy for well over a decade. I’ve puked in the map compartment of his car while tailgating at a Floyd concert, we’ve ate more greasy omelets at Denny’s at 2:15 in the morning than a human body should be allowed to consume and he was my best man at my wedding! I still don’t send him a Christmas card! So why are we sending all of these people our cards?!

Second, why would a woman spend $100 on supplies and use an entire weekend of time to send out cards when one stop at Walgreens and for $19.98 plus tax we could have sent all of these Yuletide acquaintances a card with Snoopy and Woodstock decorating his Dog House?!

But can I say anything? NOOOOOO! Why? Because the moment I mentioned the cost of this “project” and that we won’t be “making our own cards” next year because of it, she starts to tear up! So, I’m heading out to pick up a couple of ink cartridges now.

I’m thinking the real brain behind Christmas is Mrs. Claus. Santa was just suckered in by the Christmas “tear” rather than Christmas “cheer”!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :lolsign:

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by preussenGTP@Dec 18 2005, 02:16 PM

lol!
why do you think he hasnt responded back yet..
poor bastard is STILL shopping! :blink:
[snapback]107687[/snapback]​

Don't write me off yet. I went off-roading with a buddy and his dad. (He has an H3 and his dad has an 06' H1 Alpha.) Between the cup of crappy Starbucks coffee and the diesel exhaust from the H1, I got a little naucious. When I got home I grabbed the bottle of Pepto and tipped it up in front of the wife, declared that I was sick to my stomach and laid down for a little while. (I actually still was a little sick.) She felt sorry for me and just left to pick up the ink cartridges! B)

I wonder if I'm actually getting as smart as she is?!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info