3800 WTB: Gibson

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Dec 15 2005, 05:59 PM
i have a black electric epiphone gibson and a peavy 110 amp if interested its in great condition i have ne strings that havent been put on yet but if u or ne 1 is interested let me know.
[snapback]107497[/snapback]​

looking for a real gibson although they do make some nice epipohne versions i want the real deal.

thanks though

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Dec 15 2005, 06:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedgp
@Dec 15 2005, 05:09 PM
i have a dark green one  in 2 pieces :angry:
[snapback]107495[/snapback]​
Mike, have you considered having it repaired? Got a pic?

PS: anger management
[snapback]107499[/snapback]​
[/b]

yeah the way it broke it cant be fixed, went to guitar center and they said there is no way it snapped the neck off and took out half of the neck pick up with it. god damn jack danniels

I

imported_Ron Vogel

IMO I wouldn't expect GC to tell you anything else, because they'd like you to buy a new one...If Perry's is still in Villa Park, they'd probably do it. It's been a while since I had stuff done with them, but they used to have some decent guitar techs there. Modern music in Lisle uses a real good place. If you talk to them, talk to John the owner. Let him know I referred you too. I've been buying gear from him for about 20+ years. Bought my first guitar from them in 6th or 7th grade with my saved lunch money...paid for it in singles! (1982?) geesh...that's bordering on 25 years!

If you do get a second opinion that tells you it's fubared...I might be interested in taking it off your hands. I've built a few guitars of my own over the years. Wouldn't end up being an SG anymore, but might end up playable.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by nitrous@Dec 17 2005, 03:37 PM
If you are interested in a very nice Marshall combo amp, I have one for sale. I also have an Ibanez guitar, but it doesn't seem like you want another Ibanez.
[snapback]107650[/snapback]​

already have 2 ibanez's dont think i need anymore

and what do u mean by combo amp?half stack? i'm buying a marshall stack in about a month but if u have a better one..........

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Combo amps are nice, and for a gigging local musician they are a good piece of gear to have over a full-on stack. I have a 2-12 Fender tube combo amp. It's more than loud enough for most clubs. I also have a 4 x 12 cabinet that I would use for larger or outdoor gigs. The combo amp easliy powers both. IMHO Kyle this wouldn't be a bad route. If you gig a lot, it's a PITA to hump around a bunch of heavy gear all the time if you don't need to.

BTW, if the Marshall is a tube amp, 80 watts is super loud. Amp ratings for solid state and tube are different. I had a GK head that was 75 watts per side stereo, or 140 mono. It was loud and clean, but my 70 watt Fender tube amp is way louder.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Dec 17 2005, 11:13 PM
Combo amps are nice, and for a gigging local musician they are a good piece of gear to have over a full-on stack. I have a 2-12 Fender tube combo amp. It's more than loud enough for most clubs. I also have a 4 x 12 cabinet that I would use for larger or outdoor gigs. The combo amp easliy powers both. IMHO Kyle this wouldn't be a bad route. If you gig a lot, it's a PITA to hump around a bunch of heavy gear all the time if you don't need to.

BTW, if the Marshall is a tube amp, 80 watts is super loud. Amp ratings for solid state and tube are different. I had a GK head that was 75 watts per side stereo, or 140 mono. It was loud and clean, but my 70 watt Fender tube amp is way louder.
[snapback]107666[/snapback]​

well the reason i'd be buying a second half stack is for another band that i just joined, and the solid state crate just doesnt cut it for that style of music.

plus the other guitarist just bought a $1700 mesa stack so i'm gonna need something big enough to keep up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info