3800 cooling on GTP

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
overheating comes to mind. having this woper of a turbo, and having the electric water pump. does adding the big aluminum radiator help out in weight? cooling?

I have already decided on fuel system, oiling system, bottom end is near done, top end....still deciding on whose heads are better. I've turned to cooling now.

does anyone have any info? does nayone have one on their car? my stock radiator has nearly 30 thou on it. I have a 160 t-stat installed in my LIM.

axles? next question. in the process of taking my engine out clear back 10 months ago....my RF halfshaft was torn clean in 2. what axles are THEEE best at handling power for our cars?

I know you can beef up the stockers, how many options are out there?

I put the GTP back on jackstands yesterday. I am getting down to the wire here to make my June 1st dealine.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
overheating comes to mind. having this woper of a turbo, and having the electric water pump. does adding the big aluminum radiator help out in weight? cooling?
Stock radiator will be fine, hell, I actually have a smaller radiator on my drag car. However if you are going to drive it alot, the aftermarket thicker radiators are pretty good, I have one on my daily driver.
axles? next question. in the process of taking my engine out clear back 10 months ago....my RF halfshaft was torn clean in 2. what axles are THEEE best at handling power for our cars?
The only aftermarket axles available right now are from SFPH, however, with a price tag of over $500 and no warranty I wouldnt waste my money. I just use stock axles, I go through 2-3 sets of stockers a season.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info