3800 New Speedometer Install- HELP!!!!!!

I

itlnrob

Ok so I thought this would be just a plug and play install. Jeez was I wrong. I just got one from a junk yard and the back of it has wires that don't clip off. Am i really gonna have to splice all those wires in my dash to hook this thing up? I really don't want to do that.

Has anyone had experience with this install before?

Please help me out. I will take a pic of the back of it with my camera phone maybe that might help.

Thanks.

(ps) reason i need this in is because my Fuel gauge is not reading correctly and is about 1/4 of a tank off. The dealer checked the sending unit and it is working correctly. So they said that it might be the Speedo CLuster, however they wanted lots of man hours to check it for sure, and I didn't want to pay them so I thought I'd try it myself for only $35 shipped for this new Speedo Cluster.

Jeezzzzzzzzz

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by gmcjimmyguy@Nov 30 2005, 04:27 PM
It sure looks to me like there are clips on both ends of each connector that should depress to unplug the gauge
[snapback]105449[/snapback]​

after applying pressure with a screw driver trying to pry it........they unclipped

Thanks for that extra motivation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list