3800 Which should i save 4??

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
If you drive the car like it's stolen, then go straight for the race tranny.

If you don't beat on your car that often, then get the intercooler/2.8" pulley combo first and enjoy it for awhile...

I have had my intercooler/3" pulley combo on for almost a year and a half now, and my tranny (stock) is still in great condition. To reward it I'm going to change the fluid and filter in about 3,000 miles or so (At the 80K mark)...

Good luck...

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by jk99gtp@Nov 21 2005, 02:09 AM
If you drive the car like it's stolen, then go straight for the race tranny.

If you don't beat on your car that often, then get the intercooler/2.8" pulley combo first and enjoy it for awhile...

I have had my intercooler/3" pulley combo on for almost a year and a half now, and my tranny (stock) is still in great condition. To reward it I'm going to change the fluid and filter in about 3,000 miles or so (At the 80K mark)...

Good luck...
[snapback]104376[/snapback]​

thats pretty much what i was going to say.

also how many miles areon the car? if its higher mileage i would saydefinetly go for the trans.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
id say save up to about 75% of the total cost, and buy the intercooler - then you still have half of the trans saved up. With 20K, trans should be pretty strong considering, then go ahead and drive it. That way incase the trans does blow up, the new one isnt so far away.

I'm confused on core charges and stuff for a transmission. I would assume a good condition trans would hold better value than an abused/damaged one. However if the shop is gonna replace it all, does it really matter?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Nov 21 2005, 03:50 PM
yea thats true thanks for the help every 1
[snapback]104437[/snapback]​
12's are possible with a stock trans.....high 12's..but still 12's thats the route im going i know they wont hold so wont put that much power down...basicly if u cant afford a trans, dont spend 60 bucks on a 2.8 or 2.6 pulley and push 15lbs of boost blow it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info