3800 Recommend me a LCD monitor please...

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
I was looking at newegg.com and tigerdirect.com

Im lookin for a 17 or 19 inch...prefer to stay under $250 for it...or cheaper if theres a decent one....

I dont play games much on it...watch movies now and then...

So please give me some advice, cause theres only about 20000 of them on those sites and I know nothing as to whats good brandwise perfomance wise etc.

Thanks!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I have a samsung 204T that I love... fast enough to play games , and also can run 1600x1200 resolution... but it was a bit more than 250 (it's a 20")

I got it through newegg.com ... may want to check them out ... they have some good deals

Also i've heard that the LCDs dell sells are pretty decent for the money

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
I also have a Samsung that is nice. It is a 17" SyncMaster 712N. I was a little over 300 when I bought it about 4 months ago, but since then 17" monitors have gone down drastically in price. I'm sure you could find one of these for about 250 or so.

Don't know if you've ever owned an LCD monitor before but you might want to look into downloading the Cleartype utility from Microsoft (Note: I think that this only works if you are running XP on your PC). Some of these new LCD monitors display pictures beautifully but when it comes to text it can look a little soft or grainy sometimes. I love my monitor now that I got it tuned but I was ready to put my fist through it when I first brought it home because of the way the text looked. Make sure that when you get the new monitor in you set it to it's native resolution to take advantage of the best picture quality. HTH

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• D
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list