3800 Laptop problems

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Don't know what the heck is wrong with this thing. I have 1 Windows XP disk, I can only register it on 1 of my computers. So every 30 days I do a clean boot on my laptop and re-install. Been doing this for a year, I plop in the XP disk and go to the boot menu and run it. Format the drive, install windows and I'm good to go.

Well not this time it seems. I install it, goes into windows. I power it down, and it won't boot unless the disk is in the drive. I check out the BIOS, and the HD is disabled. So I enable it, restart...same thing. It won't save bios changes for some reason, and I think that's why I get the "no operating system found error".

Any help would be appreciated

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Nov 15 2005, 01:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-J.E.T.
@Nov 15 2005, 12:01 PM
Dead bios battery ?
[snapback]103936[/snapback]​
Is there anyway to check that? I've had that happen before, but it usually gives you warning on that.
[snapback]103939[/snapback]​
[/b]

one possible way to check and see if bios battery is dead is to boot computer and enter bios setings, and check the time/date see if it is reset/way off

if it is, change it to current, then save, exit, and turn off computer

come back to it in a few minutes and check the time again, if it is keeping time, then the battery is OK... if the time is just slow, or is totally wrong date/time, then battery most likely dead

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info