3800 gas mileage

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
I was wondering why I get such low gas mileage. A co-worker of mine has a 350z and he drove me around in it. He was showing me some of the features and he has a info center that displays how many miles he has left on his tank as well. At 3/4 of a tank it said he had over 400 miles left on the tank. He claims it to be pretty accurate as well. My dic doesn't read that high right after I fill up. And I think it overexaggerates too because I don't think I get that many miles on a tank. He said his tank is 15 gallons as well.

On a side not...I loved his car. He had one of the higher end models with the brembo brakes. He also had 2 tone leather to match the exterior. The exhaust note is really nice and it seemed to accelerate very quickly. He said he would have let me drive it but it was kind of raining and I told him that I'm not that good at driving manual and I've never driven a manual in a sports car. But he said maybe another time when it's not wet out. Oh well. It's definitely one of the top 2 cars I'm interested in purchasing for my next car when I graduate from college in 2 years. If I do buy one I might have to live at home for a couple of years. LOL.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Nov 8 2005, 06:29 PM
im gettin  20MPG around town with mine, and 30+MPG highway with my mods....
provided i pussy-foot it
[snapback]103366[/snapback]​
thats about right for a while i was getting aroudn 7-9 city and 34-37 highway, untuned cars with mods really act funny somtimes, but i did enjoy the highway mileage during that gas price spike

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
he isnt getting that kinda mileage on 3/4 tank even if hes nice on the pedal, and on a highway if he has the higher scale model they dont 35 mpg......he especially wont get that in town.......those gas things are inaccurate a lot of times depending on how and where your driving that day......but the is no way hes getting that kind of mileage with the higher scale 350z.........i just looked on the website and its 19/25 mpg....not even close to the GP.........so dont be ashamed.......but it does have 300HP w/ 260 torque :D

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by sinr247+Nov 10 2005, 06:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Nov 9 2005, 10:41 PM
16mpg combined lots of city driving.. about 24/26 on the highway
[snapback]103473[/snapback]​
what does your 87 ta run, or should run
[snapback]103552[/snapback]​
[/b]

when it was running it didn't get to bad of gas mileage I had part throttle (cruise) leaned out and ran lots of part throttle timming.. it depends how I drove it I could get 3mpg if I romped on it a lot but if I drove like grandma it would pull about 14 combined which for a car that should have been in the 400hp range wasn't bad I ordered afr 210 heads and a solid roller cam... so there goes my gas mileage :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info