3800 service engine light

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by framos242@Nov 3 2005, 06:45 PM
You're not that far from me.  John lives in that area as well.  But I don't have a Scan Tool.  :(
[snapback]103023[/snapback]​
if u did a ubend removal with ur cat back, ill bet 10 bucks its ur rear o2 code, or do u have a thermostat its been getting colder it might not be heating up fast enough, my drilled 160 used to do that all the time when it was really cold its a 428 code, forgot what the o2 code number is

puggz48

Sep 15, 2008
went to auto zone they couldn't do it to dark for them, went to another local place they did it for me code P0304 they said it was a #4 misfire and reset it so hopefully it doesn't come back, but while i was there he said it sounded like my sc was going and told me to replace fluid and see if its any better so does anyone know how to do this!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by puggz48@Nov 3 2005, 08:36 PM
went to auto zone they couldn't do it to dark for them, went to another local place they did it for me code P0304  they said it was a #4 misfire and reset it so hopefully it doesn't come back, but while i was there he said it sounded like my sc was going and told me to replace fluid and see if its any better so does anyone know how to do this!
[snapback]103033[/snapback]​
wow, ok well that doesnt sound good, as far as i know the #3 and #4 are the weakest cylinders ive heard of this before and it might be a piston, anyone want to chime in

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
Originally posted by puggz48@Nov 3 2005, 07:36 PM
went to auto zone they couldn't do it to dark for them, went to another local place they did it for me code P0304  they said it was a #4 misfire and reset it so hopefully it doesn't come back, but while i was there he said it sounded like my sc was going and told me to replace fluid and see if its any better so does anyone know how to do this!
[snapback]103033[/snapback]​

Okay... check the spark plug and depending upon the condition (rich, lean or oil on it)... best case scenario is to change the plugs, wires or ignition coils. Maybe the injectors. Worst case scenario, you may have a chipped piston.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info