3800 loaded question

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
hey guys was wondering, ive always been against doing internals, but ive been thinking rockers, now i know theres going to be a million answers to that
but ive heard alot about all the current ones offered being shittier tehn all of hte gen 1 designs, so should i be looking for used gen 1 rockers or is there actual resoning why the current ones offered from all vendors say there better then ever

Dayride98

Aug 4, 2008
Originally posted by sinr247@Oct 19 2005, 12:04 AM
hey guys was wondering, ive always been against doing internals, but ive been thinking rockers, now i know theres going to be  a million answers to that
but ive heard alot about all the current ones offered being shittier tehn all of hte gen 1 designs, so should i be looking for used gen 1 rockers or is there actual resoning why the current  ones offered from all vendors say there better then ever
[snapback]101576[/snapback]​

Alot of the internals are not bad its just how these people are installing them. Understanding tolerances and bearing clearances will help alot. Dont assume that doing internals will lead to failure. A big problem people have in the balance shaft removed. This is going to create vibrations that are not removed by the balancer or getting your engine balanced. People will argue that it just going to be rougher at idel but in fact you are shortening the life of your engine by over half.

Correct me if I am wrong but the gen 1 rockers are modified stock rockers and the gen 3 are a custom made arm. I've heard that gen 1 were great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sinister Drag Designs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list