3800 Low RPM's at Idle...

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
I have noticed in the last week or so a major difference in my idle rpm's. I am not sure what I really should be at, but I am around 600-700 max...

I do know that the voltage that I am seeing is correct, and I have a new battery and the alternator was just check out and it putting out the correct amount of voltage also.

Does anyone know what can cause this to happen? This could be totally aside from it, but I am currently running some Gen 3 Roller Rockers and hear a lot of ticking from the motor. Now these rockers are coming out this weekend, but could the rockers affter time be wearing on my motor causing this influx? I just dont know what to look for to see why all of a sudden I have a decrease in rpm's and I mean it sometimes feels like the car wants to die :blink:

Thanks in adavance for any suggestions to look at as well. I am going to tear down a lot of the motor this weekend and see if I can find anything while I am in there...

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Well the car is parked now and ready to be tore down so I know no more damage is going to be done.

It normally drives real smooth and clean, but lately it has been quite rough and it does seem to take some effort to accelerate and just normal driving.

I do not have any of the COMP heads, retainers, locks, etc. The only thing I did was put some LS6 spring on them when I upgraded.

Is there anything that I can inspect when I tear them out?

btw thanks for the advice on the multiple oil changes, you can bet that was on my list of things to do for sure...

This is sure going to be a long week thats for sure!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list