3800 Who here DOESNT care about the damn Sox??

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ok, little info. I HATE MLB. I mostly hate it because I really hate the fact that I either have to love one team or another in the Chicagoland area. You all know what Im talking about.

I see 2 Chicago teams, so I figure more of a chance to win. Even though they both suck most of the time.

However, if you like both, you are crucified by both die hard fans. There is no mutual love for the Cubs or Sox it seems. Hence the reason, I dont care for baseball. If I cant route for a (meaning both in this situation) hometown team, why should I care about it??

I also am not going to start routing since I dont believe in bandwagon fans. So I could care less if the Sox win.

Who else thinks this way??

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
you are :lame:

If you want to be a "Chicago" fan then be one. Don't hate on all baseball cause some of us are die hard fans of one or the other. I am the minority here and with most of my friends too, 95% of my company is Cubs fans and they have labeled me a nasty Sox fan cause I said I will never be happy to see the Cubs win. Why should I??? born a white sox fan die a white sox fan. Whether they win or lose.

I say blame it on my dad, he raised me (and my brother and sister) this way LOL ... root for the white sox or whoever is playing the cubs. :lolsign:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by dsk727@Oct 11 2005, 09:17 AM
you are  :lame:

If you want to be a "Chicago" fan then be one. Don't hate on all baseball cause some of us are die hard fans of one or the other. I am the minority here and with most of my friends too, 95% of my company is Cubs fans and they have labeled me a nasty Sox fan cause I said I will never be happy to see the Cubs win. Why should I??? born a white sox fan die a white sox fan. Whether they win or lose.

I say blame it on my dad, he raised me (and my brother and sister) this way LOL ... root for the white sox or whoever is playing the cubs.  :lolsign:
[snapback]100588[/snapback]​

Exact response for me not liking either team. Id be ridiculed(SP) for liking one or the other or BOTH. I just hate MLB in general.

Now minor league ball is alot more fun IMO. GO FLYERS!!!

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Originally posted by Fish+Oct 11 2005, 09:20 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dsk727
@Oct 11 2005, 09:17 AM
you are  :lame:

I say blame it on my dad, he raised me (and my brother and sister) this way LOL ... root for the white sox or whoever is playing the cubs.  :lolsign:
[snapback]100588[/snapback]​

Exact response for me not liking either team. Id be ridiculed(SP) for liking one or the other or BOTH. I just hate MLB in general.

Now minor league ball is alot more fun IMO. GO FLYERS!!!
[snapback]100592[/snapback]​
[/b]
OMG get over it.. my grandpa was a die hard cubs fan.. think I thought of him any differently? Sure we teased each other and when they did better he gave our family crap for being Sox fans but who cares.. Geez you take it too seriously. Don't change your beliefs or what you like for other people.

Originally posted by Fish@Oct 11 2005, 09:20 AM

it is all a matter of rooting and cheering on the team you like. if you choose one team over the other and people give you a bit of ribbing... it is not being ridiculed, it is just basic fun and rivalry. that kind of thing should NOT be taken personally. I have a good friend who is a Cubs fan and we mercilessly tease and bash each other. we BOTH know it is all in fun, we really mean nothing by it and surely dont take it personally. Team sports rivalry is part of the whole thing!
is it really andy different that you own a GT instead of a GTP?? :p I dont think so... and we all still like you even tho you do... we dont really care, you are a friend and a good one... that kind of teasing/bashing is nothing more than fun amongst friends.

I also dont have a problem with "bandwagon" fans... even tho I am a diehard Sox fan, if the Cubs were up there, I would give them some semblance of respect for actually getting there!! :blink:

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
i'm with ya fish, but i just dont care about baseball i find it rediculously boring. the teams thing becomes a pain. everyone automatically assumes you like one or the other not whether u like baseball or not.

i usually repsond with saying i like the team they dont, and saying something like the sox are going to have a hard time against green bay or that the cubs are gonna have trouble getting past the magic.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Baseball is boring! As a matter of fact, I seldom stay interested watching much of any sporting events. Hell, I haven't watched a full game of any kind since Jordan played for the Bulls!

I usually spend my free time doing house and car stuff anyway; I'm more of a hands-on guy.

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Go Sox, I'm Still a Sox Fan and always will be yeah they lost last night but I knew there was no sweeping this time but a good Series. The Angels are tired from traveling but still Charged & momentum still there from beating the Yankees, Sox too relaxed waiting to see whos next. Tonight will be different. :))

Lee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info