3800 cam vs. rockers

• Thread starter imported_silverbullet
  • Start date
I

imported_silverbullet

i need opinion between cam and rockers i plan to install one of them but don't know which one. so far i asked member which is better for a daily driving with better performance. been told that cam will break your transmission in the long run and not a good choice? rockers would be a better choice cause it sitting on top of the engine and easy to install. so if any of you who has cam or rockers can you give me your input and tell me any kind of problem you have after installing either cam or rockers? also which cam you install?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by rion02gtp@Oct 9 2005, 02:43 AM
i need opinion between cam and rockers i plan to install one of them but don't know which one. so far i asked member which is better for a daily driving with better performance. been told that cam will break your transmission in the long run and not a good choice? rockers would be a better choice cause it sitting on top of the engine and easy to install. so if any of you who has cam or rockers  can you give me your input and tell me any kind of problem you have after installing either cam or rockers? also which cam you install?
[snapback]100379[/snapback]​

ive been told by many that once u open the valve cover to mod u lose a daily driver

i know there gonna be some argument about this. but most of the guys with those mods have learned to live with the daily annoyances, and most are power hungry and dont car if it sounds like a loopy big block, so daily driver ... what does that mean to you?

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
well you could do a small cam like a 1x or a VS and it'd be fine as a daily driver.

but thats much more expensive than doing rockers, both in parts and install cost, but a cam will give you alot more performance gains.

also i think you can run 1.7 rockers iwth a vs which would be nice.

its basically up to you like said above once u start modding to the point where ur messing with valves, wheither its rockers or a cam ur gonna lose daily drivabilitly a little bit atleast.

and a cam will hurt gas mileage alot more than rockers also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list