3800 Need Help/Advice on DHP

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
I bought a DHP from a guy on clubgp.

I installed it about a month ago or so. Everything was fine. Meant to get a case learn but I had no time.

Last week, I noticed that when I put the GP in reverse, the RPMs will fluctuate up and down. Soon as I geared it back to D, it wold calm down. I talked to Fredo about it and he advise me that I should put the stcok PCM back in to see what happens and that it wasn't tranny problems.

Yesterday when I was going home, I noticed that RPMs, in D, were also going crazy. I would accelerate further and it would go away. When I would brake, RPMs would act up as well.

I noticed 2 times that upon braking, the GP felt as though she wanted to shut down.

Also, I could smell the gas was too rich at a stop light.

I wonder if the solution would be to reflash the DHP and see what happens.

BTW, I did swap the PCM back to stock.

Okay guys, let's hear your advice.

Francisco

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Well since you purchased this second hand, there are a lot of things that could be the problem?

1. Whoever had the DHP previous had a few things tuned to meet his car demands and it is not just a stock DHP 1.0

2. I would suggest doing a case learn with it to see if that eliminates the problem.

3. If that fails I would either meet up with Charles to have the PCM re-flashed with the 1.0 or see if someone around here with a PowrTuner has your year of car and can flash it for you as well.

Not to much help, but those are a few things I would try...

Did all those RPM issues and Fuel issues disappear when you plugged in your stock PCM? What year is your car?

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
Originally posted by rjaz gtp@Aug 3 2005, 01:17 PM
Did all those RPM issues and Fuel issues disappear when you plugged in your stock PCM? What year is your car?
[snapback]94046[/snapback]​

Yes, they disappeared. It's a 2000.

BTW, the guy told me it was a V1.0. Ironically, I remembered that he was selling it due to he had to get his tranny fixed. :blink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• framos242
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list