3800 My First Run at the Track (Timeslips)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I ran my basicly stock 98 GTP at "Great Lakes Dragaway" in Union Grove Wisconsin, last night.

Mods: Trasher CAI, 180t/stat, Kumo 712 Tires.

I think I did pretty good, people were coming up to me asking what I have done to my car, and all the other stock GTP's were running 15's.

DSC04598Small.jpg

TimeslipBestET.jpg

TimeslipBestMPH.jpg

Comments, tips, suggestions, I think I could do better my launches wernt that good.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
push the gas down harder :D

nice times, hows the track up there?

Take out your drivers side headlightif you havent already. Might not help too much tho cause you got a coolant bottle in the way. Get a coolant bottle relocator. than you basically got an awesome ram air set up.

and yeah, duh, better launches. keep it up

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Yeah, I guess I should take out the headlight next time. I installed a Thrasher Intake and a 99+ coolant bottle days before going to the track, so now there is no 97-98 coolant bottle directly behind the headlight.

There was some kid there, that claimed he ran a 15.2 with his stock GT, all he did was take the headlight out. I think hes BS though because my friends in the stands didnt see him run anything quite that fast.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
I was there. you did very well. just practice on launching......it is key.

I like it when my tires chirp thorugh....on the edge of braking them loose..but yetthey still have grip. I almost pulled a 1.99 with stock RSA's. my best was a 2.03.

your car did look good. I have yet to figure out who the GTP was that did the 330ft burn down the track. he wouldnt take his foot off the gas.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by 00GTPSC@Aug 2 2005, 04:48 PM
Is it just me or does the 1/4 mile for that camaro seem a little odd. I am holding a time slip from when my dad had his formula and he went 13.1 @ 109 mph  So how does that camaro go 12.1 @ 104???
[snapback]93919[/snapback]​
I was wondering the same thing..must of let off.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I was there. you did very well. just practice on launching......it is key.

I like it when my tires chirp thorugh....on the edge of braking them loose..but yet they still have grip. I almost pulled a 1.99 with stock RSA's. my best was a 2.03.

your car did look good. I have yet to figure out who the GTP was that did the 330ft burn down the track. he wouldnt take his foot off the gas.

You were there on friday ha? Which GP were you driving? Did you by chance, walk up to me and ask me "whats the Pontiac running tonight?"

Is it just me or does the 1/4 mile for that camaro seem a little odd. I am holding a time slip from when my dad had his formula and he went 13.1 @ 109 mph So how does that camaro go 12.1 @ 104???

I thought about this too, when people on clubgp commented on that those weird numbers. I think it was a EVO I raced that run, that would explain the good 60' time and the lose of power on topend because of the AWD.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
no that wasnt me. I got a ride up there with MSED GTP. I just sat back and watched the races. made some side bets on races..it was fun

What other Grand Prix's did you see there and what kinda times were they running. Some guy in a white GTP (stock) told me he ran a 15.4 best :blink:

How much is the fee to race?

I payed $28 to race.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info