3800 Is this anyone's car?

stixx

Aug 1, 2008
Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Jul 25 2005, 11:51 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-PONTIA...1QQcmdZViewItem
I was browsing through ebay and came across this pretty nice looking GP. I was just wondering if it used to belong to anyone from here.
[snapback]92946[/snapback]​

Yep - that was my car. Not a bad price seeing as though a dealership is selling it. Funny that they pulled out my Alpine HU and replaced it with something else. If anyone is interested in the car, feel free to reply back and I can list all the upgrades that the listing doesnt reveal - tranny, TB, suspension, rockers, etc.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the car - again, contact me if you guys have any questions.

stixx

Aug 1, 2008
J.E.T. sent me a PM asking what mods are on the car. Since I have more time than I did this morning, here we go. Keep in mind this car has never seen the track - simply some "spirited driving" in the Western burbs;)

Custom exhaust by the one and only James Dean
GMPP Suspension Pkg (struts and springs)
GMPP Handling Pkg (sway bars and trailing arms)
1.9 Rockers (installed by Bumpin)
AFC 2.0
Thrasher CAI
ZZP Stage 1 Hi-Po Throttle Body and TB Spacer
Intense Stage 1 PCM (trust me, it's fine)
TCC-300 torque converter
3.29:1 gear ratio
17x8 Mille Miglia wheels and Nokian tires (excellent all-season tire)
MPD F1 hood
GTP trunk lid cover
Alternator re-wire kit
Casper fuel pump re-wire kit
PRJ wires (red)
Front and Rear strut tower braces
Cyber white driving lights
180 T-Stat
Slotted rotors (stock size)
Custom radio faceplate with lighted "Grand Prix GTP" (red)

Again, there was an Alpine stereo in the car, but it looks like they pulled it from what I can see in the pics.

If I had time, I shouldve parted out the car. Regardless, its a nice car for the right person.

Let me know if you have other questions. Ill keep checking back.

stixx

Aug 1, 2008
Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Jul 26 2005, 07:14 PM
Hmmm, I could be interested in this. I think I might want something newer with less miles than what I have now. I'm a little worried that I'm gonna have to put more money into my car than what it's worth. Is that the stock pulley?

Just curious, how much did you get on the trade in?
[snapback]93156[/snapback]​

I knew I would forget something - the pulley is a 3.4"

To be honest, Im not sure what the "true" trade in was. One dealer might say theyre giving me $9k for my trade, but paying sticker for the new car. Another might say $7k for the trade and $2k off sticker. Its all a game obviously. I just worry about the bottom line. I negotiated the net price of the new car as opposed to the trade-in and new car price separately. I will tell you this - he went to the kbb website and showed me a stock GTP had a $7400 trade in value (I laughed:)).

If you end up going, tell them you hate the red dashboard and the red under the hood. They kept telling me how hard it would be for them to sell it with the red. I actually have a replacement dash if anyone ends up buying and doesnt like the red. Let me know

I

imported_silverbullet

Originally posted by stixx@Jul 29 2005, 04:20 PM
Wow - my old car is appreciating! AMAZING. :p

Its now $1,000 more than it was a week ago.

http://www.arlingtonacura.com/usedcars.php
[snapback]93613[/snapback]​

hey i went to check out your old car, it very nice. i like the color. how much it cost you to do the exhaust work? i need to delete my u-bend pipe. i email you my gtp that i recently bought didn't do much mod to it yet. hopefully i can find someone here in the club that can do good mod for it. i would rather pay someone here to do my modified than paying those rip off mechanic shops. do you know anyone here that does that?

F

fastcash

one more quick ? joe, are you riding and Acura now? if so i hope its the new RL. ????

Originally posted by stixx+Jul 26 2005, 06:37 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-frankenstinesy
@Jul 25 2005, 11:51 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-PONTIA...1QQcmdZViewItem
I was browsing through ebay and came across this pretty nice looking GP. I was just wondering if it used to belong to anyone from here.
[snapback]92946[/snapback]​

Yep - that was my car. Not a bad price seeing as though a dealership is selling it. Funny that they pulled out my Alpine HU and replaced it with something else. If anyone is interested in the car, feel free to reply back and I can list all the upgrades that the listing doesnt reveal - tranny, TB, suspension, rockers, etc.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the car - again, contact me if you guys have any questions.
[snapback]93038[/snapback]​
[/b]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info