3800 suggestion

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
Wow, seems like ILGPC just turned into the government after 9-11. Rules and nothing but. No offense, I understand why all these notes are posted up above the forums. But as an outsider coming in, it looks like nazzi Germany. Instead of so many guidelines or rules being posted above the forums, why don't we just ban the people that are doing stupid things. Whats that warning thing under our avitar for? Give people 3 strikes, and they will know when they did something bad because it will show up on their warning bars. I have recieved complaints from 3 of my friends who like viewing the site just learching (GP enthusiasts without GP's) that this looks like the place is about to fall apart with all the warnings everywhere. I am not speaking as a hater, but just a friendly suggestion to make us look friendlier and not so threatening. One friend said he was affraid to post a response to something because he thought heed be banned for joking. Just letting John and Joe know that I respect what you guys do by setting all this up, and policing, but lets take it down a notch.

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Read 20 times and no reply? Woohoo....I get to be first! :)

I kind of agree with what Leo's saying....it does look mighty intimidating for newcomers to come in and see the rules posted. However, they are posted there to remind those who can't keep their arguements/issues/drama off the boards to keep them to PM's, e-mail, IM's, phone calls, whatever. It sucks horribly that they had to do this, but people weren't taking the hint with warnings and such. Maybe when everyone's learned to play nice again, it will come down??? :)

Anyways, just my .02

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Originally posted by Fish+Jul 21 2005, 06:17 AM-->
They are there so we can be bold when we call someone a dumbass, or a retarded monkey that shouldnt own a car, or have any opinions since they are wrong unless they are mine. :lolsign:
[snapback]92504[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by MrT@Jul 21 2005, 06:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Jul 21 2005, 06:17 AM
They are there so we can be bold when we call someone a dumbass, or a retarded monkey that shouldnt own a car, or have any opinions since they are wrong unless they are mine. :lolsign:
[snapback]92504[/snapback]​

....or MY opinoin :p
[snapback]92507[/snapback]​

AND MINE :lolsign:

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I understand everyone's opinion.. but the fact is.. this club has turned into an immature fest of people who feel that they have something to prove, and I am sick of coming here, and reading about who has the bigger dick.

The other fact is.. what I posted on the main forum page (an only is listed in the anything goes forum) was a copy of a post, so if it's the first time you read it.. it proves another point.. if you had seen a sticky that says something like "read me or be banned" and didn't read it.. it shows your lack of care..

The bottom line is.. this is a damn car club, and not some soap opera.. everyone loves a fair share of drama, but some have takken it too far..

This isn't a public forum, for anyone to do what they please.. this is a place for people to come and talk about things in there life and about there car.. not for calling people they hate out.

Of course the crowd has changed, and it is getting younger, and with that there is bound to be some immature people (if you are mature, than I am not talking about you) old and young, this is a problem.

The problems this club is having, are minor, and can be fixed.. with a simple posting of what isn't allowed. Anyone who feels they are scared to post, because of the rules, shouldn't post. THe rules, in a nutshell, say .. not to be negative, and to keep signatures and such within guidlines... that is not so hard to follow, and shouldn't intimidate anyone, with good intentions.

I hope this clears things up.. I think most everyone would agree, I have been very fair, and so has Joe. But I gotta keep the drama off of here, so we can talk about these cars, that most are begining to hate.

So please, let everyone know, you can post all you want, anything you want (within reason) as long as it isn't bashing or starting fights..

Let's keep this forum the best forum out there.. And if you have suggestions, or thoughts, or comments and concerns, please let me know, as we are always open to them.

John

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
This is an online forum...There are certain people who will be jerks. We dont need you to point it out EVERYDAY! If you got a problem with someone then take to to PM. PM your friends about it, write them a letter, tell your mom...do whatever but we dont want to see anymore threads about that crap on here anymore. If you dont like someone then IGNORE them....you have that option on the forums. Click on their name then you will see "IGNORE MEMBER" Use it.

We never used to lock or close threads before but you people are forcing us to police these boards just so the people who come here for fun/information can do that without sifting through 10 threads on how someone called someone a name, is an jerk, whatever. As John said before this is a Grand prix board, not days of our lives. From now on we will be locking all bashing threads, warning the topic starter and anyone else who wants to throw their 2 cents into it just to add fuel to the fire. The step after that is you will be getting a little break from ILGPC.

If someone is harassing you on this forum by all means please let a moderator or an admin know and we will take the appropriate action.

AND KEEP YOUR SIGNATURE AND AVATAR WITHIN BOARD GUIDLINES!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I concur w/the original post.... going to this section and having to scroll several lines before seing any posts.... just seems idiotic to me... but whatever .... I'm not spending much time on this board anymore anyways..... the board has seemed rather "immature" for years ..... but now I have gotten the confirmation I needed that it has become immature :p

From now on we will be locking all bashing threads, warning the topic starter and anyone else who wants to throw their 2 cents into it just to add fuel to the fire.

I thought that was the purpose of having Moderators????? Glad to see that from now on this basic forum task will be done

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Horist, I dont think your sig complys with board guidlines. :lolsign:

I already know that a few peeps think that I am the cause of breakouts. BS IMO. Im sorry Im very opinionated and sometimes people say or do things that just deserve some recognition of stupidity or their opinionated side. I know I am not wrong, and I know others agree with me. So for the idea of me PMing, IMing, Emaiing, or going as far as telling my mom, thats kinda stupid since I can point it out here and now. Im sure we all know that hitting the root of problems helps more than beating the branches of it.

Its ironic that I listen to Mancow in the morning and hearing him talk about how PC everything has to be now. There has to be no fighting, or trash talking. Soon, we are going to have prizes for everyone that attends race days, and everyone will be handed trophys cause we are all "winners".

In a perfect world, everything can be PC. We can all drive BMWs, and park them in our multimillion dollar houses and let our kids have everything, all while not fighting or pointing out the obvious or stupid posts on ILGPC. However, this is no perfect world.

Just another opinion that Im sure some wont agree with, and others will. Maybe I should have told my mom this instead of posting. :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info