3800 Mandrell Bender

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I was talking to a guy up at Car Boutique in Schaumburg on Saturday. They had some sort of show going on. I saw a Ford Lightning with his hood open. I started bullshitting with him for a minute. Turned out to be 2 hours. The guy had a lot knowledge ans was interested in what I was saying. Needless to say we got along. I started talking about exhausts and what not. I told him my exhaust was not mandrell bent, but I only have 1 spot that has a minor crimp in it. He said it wasnt to bad. Then I asked him he he knew some one with a Mandrell Bender. He hesitated and then pulled out his wallet. I couldnt get his card seeing it was the only one he had. There is this Mexican shop on Irving Par Rd & Barrington. I think thats Stream Wood. He said that this guy has one. He gave me him and his wifes name so I can get a good deal on it. My problem is I have to go and search for this joint. He said it was a hole in the wall place, but there work is outstanding. I looked under his truck and his wifes TA. He was right. Just wanted to give people the heads up as to the area of where this is located. If someone gets bored and checks it out before I do. Let us all know. I will try and do this weekend considering I am always out in that area. I guess this shop has done all this guys work and they became good friends. Actually it all started when I asked him where I could get a custom fabricated down pipe. He jut grinned and started giving me details. He was in his mid 30s, so I do believe him.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Boyce Industries in Franklin Park...talk to Tom. They stock all sorts of mandrel bent, in aluminum, stainless and mild steel. Or you can have them make you something. They ONLY specialize in pipe and bending...so no installs on your cars, but almost all the Chicagoland speed shops use this place. It's much cheaper to get the parts from them with cash.

My whole exhaust from DP to mufflers was from them; I bought all the pieces, and welded it myself. Cost: $85...

They also have a bin of "mis-bends" for uber-cheap.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Irving and Barrington?? Hole in the wall place?? Mexican shop?? Sounds like Valasquez and Sons. :D I got my headers and mufflers welded up there. They are pretty good, and cheap. Its actually west of Barrington across from Streamwood lanes.

Theres a few around, but IIRC you said you live in Carpentersville or somewhere around there?? The one in Elgin would be closest to you. Theres also one in Mundelein on the corner of 176 and 60/83 just before 60 and 83 split off. Theres also one around the north side IIRC, but dont know where that one is.

Just dont tell them that you dont need a cat. I got the " E LE GAL" spew from the boss's mouth. Ohh how hard it was not to yell La Migra, or tell them they were "E LE GAL". :lolsign:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'd edit my post, but it won't let me. Also, if someone wants a custom exhaust, I don't have a bender, but I can weld them up at my place; and I've done a lot of exhaust work on these cars. If you want mandrel bent: Boyce's # is 708-345-0455 TT Tom. I can give you the rundown on what you need to do a full exhaust if need be.
http://www.3800pro.com/forum/showthread.ph...highlight=wrong
a little sample...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• MIKES3
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list