3800 Open Invite: CGPC Dyno Day July 30th

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
One behalf of Chicago Grand Prix Club, I would like to extend an invitation to join us for our Dyno Day on Saturday July 30th. Pricing has not yet been finalized (should be next week) but the initial quote was as follows:

$65 for 2 pulls
$90 for 2 pulls with a wideband O2 reading
(I'm sure the prices will be lower.)

Start Time: 10am
End Time: up until 4:30pm or so (We have the whole day if needed.)

Shop:
Dyno Pro Performance, Inc (http://www.dynoproauto.com/index1152.htm)
1005 Route 22, Fox River Grove, IL 60021
847-208-6801, ask for either CJ or Steve

Their address comes up a bit goofy in the online map sites. Here's a link:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...eP7HEe7PI1%2b4Z

Thanks,
Tommy

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Originally posted by superchargedgp@Jul 14 2005, 09:50 PM
also who drives the car on the dyno?
[snapback]91738[/snapback]​
I went there a couple of weeks ago for a dyno tune session. CJ the owner drove the car. I'm assuming he would that day as well. I can ask him if he would let you drive your own if you like.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by superchargedgp@Jul 14 2005, 09:50 PM
also who drives the car on the dyno?
[snapback]91738[/snapback]​

The shop people drive the car. At least they did last time I was there. Not sure if they will let car owners do it.

The only thing I dont like about the dyno setup is the lack of a big fan blowing into the engine.

J.E.T.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Jul 14 2005, 09:55 PM

The shop people drive the car.  At least they did last time I was there.  Not sure if they will let car owners do it.

The only thing I dont like about the dyno setup is the lack of a big fan blowing into the engine. 

J.E.T.
[snapback]91740[/snapback]​
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, they had a normal dyno fan (36-48").

Originally posted by superchargedgp@Jul 14 2005, 09:59 PM
the problem is that i have way too much shit to watch and i dont trust them doing it
[snapback]91741[/snapback]​
If you want, just call CJ at the number listed. He's really knowledgeable and receptive to answering questions, etc. When I was there, he mentioned that he was buddies with Charles Beyer. He seemed pretty knowledgeable about dynoing our cars.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
I've been very busy the past year or so, so I don't chit chat with him much these days, but I've had a bunch of 3800's out there so he's fairly familiar with the basics of getting these things on the dyno, etc. He's very reasonsable as well so I'd definitely give it a good nod to go to him for a dyno day. I already have other plans for that weekend so I can't go, but if you can go, its probably worth the trip.

word of advice : Bring a stock plug wire in case you have aftermarket wires, it will help with the pickup for rpm.

Originally posted by TommyGloves+Jul 14 2005, 10:21 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-J.E.T.
@Jul 14 2005, 09:55 PM

The shop people drive the car.  At least they did last time I was there.  Not sure if they will let car owners do it.

J.E.T.
[snapback]91740[/snapback]​
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, they had a normal dyno fan (36-48").

Originally posted by superchargedgp@Jul 14 2005, 09:59 PM
the problem is that i have way too much shit to watch and i dont trust them doing it
[snapback]91741[/snapback]​
If you want, just call CJ at the number listed. He's really knowledgeable and receptive to answering questions, etc. When I was there, he mentioned that he was buddies with Charles Beyer. He seemed pretty knowledgeable about dynoing our cars.
[snapback]91743[/snapback]​
[/b]

slow04ss

Regular
May 29, 2008
Rockford
I went there a couple of weeks ago for a dyno tune session. CJ the owner drove the car. I'm assuming he would that day as well. I can ask him if he would let you drive your own if you like

We asked if we could drive the car, and was told liability bs with the insurance company is why they must drive the car.

We paid 80 for 3 runs(sometimes 4 or 5) with wide band ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info