3800 Looks like I'll be spending some time in Chi-Town

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

I had yesterday off but I got a call from my boss. He asked me about a temporary training position at our Lake Forest headquarters and in Niles. He'd been pestering me about it for a few months now but this time he had more concrete details and told me the deadline was today by 5:00. The position is to learn the new computer system for the company for a couple of months and then train our branch managers and designates on it through the roll out for a few months after that. I won't be earning any more an hour but they will pay time and mileage to drive in every day...from Rockford! (actually Machesney Park) It will equate to approximately a 65% take home pay raise! The funny thing is that I really don't have much corporate attire anymore, I'm heading out Friday to spend around $1000 to $1500 on a new wardrobe; a few italian suits and WalMart underwear!

The down side is it will be a timely commute that will put me close to 800 miles a week on the Regal. This will put it at just below 70K miles by the end of the year! Perhaps I'll detune the Lightning and switch back to 87 octang and drive that some too. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have enough to pay off the Regal and much of our credit card debt.

I'll be getting off work by 12:00 on Fridays, perhaps I can finally have lunch with some of you freaks finally. I may even be able to pay. So what are some good radio stations to listen to and how bad is I-90 to I-294 now-a-days? Should I take Highway 173 all the way in. Oh, Hell, now I'm just rambling...Good Day!

sgtp

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
I listened to nothing but mancow for the 3 years I commuted 30 miles into chicago. It made me forget about my hour to hour and a half commute in the morning each day. And in the evening commute, I would reach to the back seat of the regal for my tupperware container full of cigars and puff away as I listened to that jackass Roe Con taking calls from "Clyde" on wls. Now that Im in the city and have a 2 mile commute, i dont have the "luxury" of these rituals any more.

It me, temporary change in a job is a welcome thing; the tradeoff of the commute sounds like it will suck, but its good to hear you get a nice compensasion for it. Im up for a group get together or maybe a cubs day game if we can get one together.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list