3800 do you get tired of fixing cars???

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
GP...

Fix new baer brakes....
No anti rattle clips shipped...go to ford to pick up 93-94 mustang cobra clips...

TA....

Put in frt sway bar witch is missing...
Figure out my car starting problem.....Maybe battery..its new though...
Rear u joint needs work...........

2 cars, GP cannot be driven to the brake problem is resolved
Ta sucks in revers when you feel the ujoint fucking up.....

TA dies every 2 days if not started....

I

imported_Theautoguy

I feel your pain, I have 4 cars and one bike to keep up;

Regal GS;
It still has the Winter floor mats.
Needs a full detail.
Need to track down the exhaust "squeak".
Needs oil change
I want to buy the 1:9 rockers and LS6 springs. (got the money but no time)

IROC;
Needs upper roof-line weather stripping,
Needs buffing.
Needs a R134a conversion.

Lightning;
Needs buffing.
Needs the roll pan finished and installed
Need to buy and install the low-profile hitch. (got money...no time)
I want to buy the upgraded trans valve body. (time vs. money thing again)

VW Fox;
Buffing, buffing, buffing...wax

Suzuki GS750 (1979);
Needs to be cleaned.
Needs oil changed.
Needs cam cover gasket.
Needs to be sold. (no time again, would rather have the money)

We won't even get into the house...(steps for the shed, landscapeing, mulch, gutters & paint, etc,...)

:blink:

well its funny,
my cars, i like working on, I cuss and swear at them but its all in good fun..

other peoples?

I like working on cars, but ive had so many dick me over I won't work on another person's car, unless its a gper at the track or something.

Like take the story of my ex.

She used to drive a red Saturn couple. She drove it off the road and ran over a tree stump. I we fix the car, even find a front nose in friggin st. louis, ship it over, paint it, and get her car back to her good as new. 2 weeks after getting it back to her she rear ends a minivan at a stoplight talking on her cell phone. Then a couple days after that her hood flys open, smashes her windshield and sunroof. We junk the car, and Me and Travis (soccerplayr on clubgp.com) find a 94 and fix it up and sell it to her DIRT cheap. since then shes hit a parked car, a person backs into her in a parking lot, and she doesnt get the car fixed. someone hits her at a stop light and she doesnt get the car fixed. She smashes into a concrete post in a parking lot and rips off the driver side mirror. Oh, and she blows up the engine, and I spend over a month tearing it apart, rebuilding her heads, and getting it all back together. What thanks do I get, nadda, not even thank you sex. I just get yelled at for fixing her car. And she could do an easy 100lbs of weight reduction by just throwing out the trash in there. When we broke up and moved out, I went through her car and found my missing silverware in it!

Its reasons like those I won't work on people's cars. and there's a reason that basket case is my ex. :mellow:

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
when ya mod thats that happend...and when ya buy a modded car as much as that was...you're bound to have issues.

Personally I'd never buy a car that has any mods on it...

I'd rather start on my own so i know what has been done and its easier to help go back and find issues..

That or just buy a car and don't mod it, keep it stock like 90% of America...

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by dole21@Jun 25 2005, 02:54 PM
when ya mod thats that happend...and when ya buy a modded car as much as that was...you're bound to have issues.

Personally I'd never buy a car that has any mods on it...

I'd rather start on  my own so i know what has been done and its easier to help go back and find issues..

That or just buy a car and don't mod it, keep it stock like 90% of America...
[snapback]89511[/snapback]​

It was all proffesionally installed with all the documents and paper work. When you feel that much power when you hit the gas, its hard to say no.

That and I didtn want to spend 15k of my own in mods over the next 2-3 years.....
Im saving for a house and stuff now...

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I like to do the things "I" can do. For the bigger harder things, I need help.

my 2k needs at least..passenger ball joint(asap), maybe possible tierods, Got struts ready to be installed, alignment, anti-freeze Flush, drivers cv axle(got one needs install).

A few odds and ends to get caught up on..;)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jun 26 2005, 05:52 AM
I like to do the things "I" can do. For the bigger harder things, I need help.

my 2k needs at least..passenger ball joint(asap), maybe possible tierods, Got struts ready to be installed, alignment, anti-freeze Flush, drivers cv axle(got one needs install).

A few odds and ends to get caught up on..;)
[snapback]89535[/snapback]​
J/O if you need some extra LCA's...I have a bunch. It's easier to mess with them off the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info