3800 DHP/KR

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I recently scanned my 04compg with an AP scantool and saw as as much as 4*kr on a WOT run. Im having issues with some of the paramaters showing up on the spreadsheet so I dont have anything to show but I can review the scans with the program. I did 3 runs and only on the 2nd run did I see as much as 4*kr. I only have an open cone and 180t-stat. My IAT's when cruising where about 100-110 and in some cases about 135* after sitting in traffic for a few minutes. Im not sure how much my IAT's can affect KR. ??? The temps outside was about 80. As soon as I have some more time to mess with the program again I will post some more informative numbers. My main reason for this post was to see if anyone has noticed an improvement in KR with DHP? I have a 3.5 ready to slap on but this kr is kinda bothering me. I wanted to get DHP and see if it helps my KR any before I put on the 3.5. The website says you should have at least have a cai & pulley to get it?? kinda confused on that.

Any input will be appreciated.

Tony

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Jun 22 2005, 07:03 PM
Any input will be appreciated.

Tony
[snapback]88999[/snapback]​

Tony-
IAT's impact KR in a HUGE way. Going from a HAI to FWI cleared about 3* of KR from my car. DHP will go even farther clearing KR by adding fuel as RPMs/load climb. Adding both is a great way to make your car run tons better.

i also have about 4* of kr according to my last scan :angry: i have a thrasher intake on my car. i also have a IAT extension. i am going to move the IAT sensor farther away and see what happens. . . the DHP is an awesome mod IMO. it is supposed to reduce kr, but i didnt scan before i installed it..and the 3.5 pulley you have will make a big difference. i am not sure about putting a 3" down pipe on an '04 though..that would be my next choice for you. i highly recommend the DHP. -Mike

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
#1 - Most stock cars have KR (Knock). Just about every grand prix i've scanned in stock config knock. A 2 months old 03 GTP seeing o2's of 870 and knock of 9+. The 04 I had would see blips here and there, etc, etc. If the cars weren't going to knock at all, there woudln't be a KR system. ;)

#2 - DHP does not guarantee to removal ALL knock. The tuning we do SHOULD help reduce your knock by timing adjustments and fueling adjustments; however, there's no way we would ever guarantee to remove all knock. We *DO* add timing in spots of the timing map so if for some reason you have more knock than average, ,you might see knock. Usually though we can eek out some extra timing and lower the knock.

HTH

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• TonzKnock-G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list