3800 engine temp

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Add97gTp@Jun 7 2005, 03:24 PM
When does it get so hot, that it is dangerous for the car? my gauge in the car is reading about 3-4 lines above the 210 middle line with my air on...when should i start worring about the temp?
[snapback]87212[/snapback]​

#1 get a 180 tstat if you dont have one. If you do have one. Put it in you sig so people know. Your hurting you car if you dont have the tstat along with that 3.4 pulley. Lots of neat KR, but I maybe wrong on that, but it seems like it with your track times and you current mods.

#2 I do believe that once it hits 210 the fans do kick in to cool it off. How far from the red line do you get. My car stay cold with the air on. 185*-190* tops

#3 when was the last time you changed you coolant because I am assuming you have a 97 GTP.

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
Originally posted by MIKES3+Jun 7 2005, 03:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Add97gTp
@Jun 7 2005, 03:24 PM
When does it get so hot, that it is dangerous for the car? my gauge in the car is reading about 3-4 lines above the 210 middle line with my air on...when should i start worring about the temp?

#1 get a 180 tstat if you dont have one. If you do have one. Put it in you sig so people know. Your hurting you car if you dont have the tstat along with that 3.4 pulley. Lots of neat KR, but I maybe wrong on that, but it seems like it with your track times and you current mods.

#2 I do believe that once it hits 210 the fans do kick in to cool it off. How far from the red line do you get. My car stay cold with the air on. 185*-190* tops

#3 when was the last time you changed you coolant because I am assuming you have a 97 GTP.
[snapback]87218[/snapback]​
[/b]
I have a 180 tstat...just havent gotten it in...if someone would like to make some easy cash it would be awesome...for question two...it gets between the 210 line and i think its the 260(the red part)...maybe a lil past...for question 3...ive had it for over a year and i havent changed it yet...not sure if they past owner did...so more cash for the person who could change that for me...thanks in advance

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Mine doesn't like me running the A/C either. I lowered the fan turn on points last night, but even with a 160 stat it climbs too much in traffic with the A/C on. This is most likey due to the big IC radiator blocking airflow to my engine rad. It's only bad when the outside temps are above 90 though.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by Add97gTp@Jun 7 2005, 03:24 PM

It's definitly not good. After doing what others suggested, consider getting a DHP if you don't have one already. It sets the fan turn on point much lower than stock.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Jun 8 2005, 11:26 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Add97gTp
@Jun 7 2005, 03:24 PM

It's definitly not good. After doing what others suggested, consider getting a DHP if you don't have one already. It sets the fan turn on point much lower than stock.
[snapback]87295[/snapback]​
[/b]

Or if you dont have the cash flow I would be more than happy to help you install a fan switch. I like that because you can turn it on when ever you want. Better yet if want give me a PM if your not very mechanicly inclined. I will help you do the t-stat and what not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• A
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list