Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Water

• 5. Washer fluid

• Total voters
I

imported_Ron Vogel

I pretty much have my mind made up on what I'm trying first, but I'm curious to what everyone thinks.

I'm using a a PWM controlled injector at the SC inlet. The spray has to go through the rotors and IC, and I'm looking for some cooling, but mostly want an extra injector to help richen things up on top. I have a pump that I can run the alky/water/E85 through, but for gasoline I will be tapping the rail.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

It's going to be gas, then Methanol. I'll be scaling down my MAF tables to bring the IPW's to 90-95% duty cyle, then turning up the gas until my knock sensors are happy. I have some "fail-safe" protection built into the circuit to make sure I don't lean it out, but it's actually going to be safer and more relable to inject gasoline before the SC...that is, unless it ignites in the LIM, that would be bad.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Like there's any left anyway? The Gas is atomized into a fine mist that will also cool and lubricate the rotors as they spin. What's nice about Gas/Methonol is that the Ph is set-up as a base, which is nice and slick. Water or 50/50 (washer fluid) is more acidic as far as it's Ph, and does not give very good lubrication. Any of the 5 choices will help, but the E85 will require a seperate fuel cell, so that's out. The water/methonol can be stored in the wsher fluid tank, and in high heat will be suffering from 120-140 degree underhood temps. If I tap the rail, fuel should be at ambient since it's a return system. I'll be dagerously close to vapor lock temps with the other set-ups.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by xierxior@Jun 2 2005, 02:53 PM
uhm, do the rotors get hot eough to the point where it's going to push the gas past the flashpoint? that wouldn't be good  :lolsign:
[snapback]86618[/snapback]​
Maybe I should buy some breakaway bolts?

Prolly won't get that hot if I'm throwing fuel on them to cool 'em down. I'm more worried about puddling fuel in the LIM. :eek:

This isn't anything groundbreaking, turbo guys have been adding coldstart injectors to their intakes for years. Only thing I'm doing different is pulsing the injector to control it a bit better than simply flipping a switch.

Thread Info