3800 Router Help....

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
My router doesn't wanna seem to work... :angry:

I got a wireless linksys router and I was resetting my modem today, and figured I'd reset the router..not sure why but I did(by reset I mean unplug it)

So turn it back all on router won't work. My connection I had made for my wireless part doesn't register, so I go into properties and create new settings etc, and the laptop sees it, but won't connect to it.

I try to access the net on my pc from the router via the network connection and it won't connect as well.

So I bypassed the router and am strictly running from the modem at the moment, but I'd really like to figure out how I can get my router working..anyone got any ideas? I'm lost in the world of routers...

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Why did you add a switch?

I dont think you need one. DOnt think a small home network really needs routing info..

ANyways.

With the linksys wireless router.
HIT THE RESET BUTTON.

Than re-run the install disk that will take you thru the AUTOMATIC SETTINGS feature. This will configure your MODEM to your router than enable DHCP automatically.

If you need to add the switch is it a managed or unmanaged switch?

If it is managed you will need to assign the IP addresses and also the routing tables etc etc.

If it is unmanaged you can just plug it to the wireless router. And it will automatically detect an IP ADDY.

Better to assign an IP addy incase you need to go into the settings and change routing tables and stuff like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• D
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list