3800 Going to James Dean exhaust

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
I set up an appointment and I know for sure that I'm getting the u-bend delete and the downpipe. But I'm not possitive about the cat back. I've heard that other than the u-bend, the stock exhaust isn't all that restrictive. The girl on the phone quoted me $660 for the with all 3 and $135 I believe for just the u-bend delete and the downpipe. So those of you who have the James Dean cat back, is it worth it? And I'm sure I'll have drone, but how much will I have? Oh, one more question. Does anyone have any pics of the tips they come with?

Thanks, Andrew.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
do you have a GT or GTP? I think a GT gains better with a 2.5 piping with the 3" dp. If GTP 3" all the way and i love mine especailly with the TOGS. Price does sound kinda high, did you tell them you were with ILGPC? Also Cash is King. ;)

Here is the pic of the tips that i got with my catback.

su3.JPG

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
I told the girl I talked to that I was from ILGPC and she seemed to know what I was talking about. How much did you guys pay for the cat back itself? I was quoted $55 for the u-bend delete and $80 for the downpipe. So I guess that would make the cat back $525. I might have heard her wrong and she may have said $616 or something. I'm gonna call back and let her know for sure what I want done and I'll double check on the price. And I'll ask about the cash thing too. I've heard he lowers the price if you bring cash.

I have a 97 GTP and the only mod I have so far is an intake.

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
Ok, so I called back today. And I didn't really get a straight answer from them. I thought I heard her say something in the $500's but she said so many different numbers that I'm kinda confused. :unsure: I guess it'll depend on the tips. But she was giving me numbers in the $600's again too. Maybe she was a little confused herself. I told her that there were members who paid around $500 and she's like, "Well maybe he had his own tips, or didn't get the dp, etc..." I do know for sure that I am gonna pay with cash. But that's about the only thing I know for sure, lol.

hi all! as you may have guessed it im new. and i was actually really curious about this jeams dean. is he really good? im just starting my mods on my 2001 gtp and i want to get my exhaust done. i already order a slp loudmouth exhaust system and is on back order. does anyone know how much he might charge for just installation and u-bend delete? or even better does any one have a phone number i can call. thanks a lot.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by migs109@May 27 2005, 10:49 PM
hi all! as you may have guessed it im new. and i was actually really curious about this jeams dean. is he really good? im just starting my mods on my 2001 gtp and i want to get my exhaust done. i already order a slp loudmouth exhaust system and is on back order. does anyone know how much he might charge for just installation and u-bend delete? or even better does any one have a phone number i can call. thanks a lot.
[snapback]85776[/snapback]​

http://www.ilgpc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=3305

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by mybluegtp@May 26 2005, 06:09 PM
I paid about $500 or so for dp, u-bend delete, resonator delete, catback, mufflers, and tips. Make sure you get it right, I heard he did about 12 gp the past 2 weeks his prices might of gone up? This guy is RICH from us. :D
[snapback]85470[/snapback]​

I second this statement...

and I just had him fix up my exhaust last week and he'd said there'd been at least 11 of us GP'ers in his shop that week..

I'm thinking he could probably work on our exhaust blindfolded at this point

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info