3800 I finally had the chance to play on the street...

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

...with the Lightning! (1st Gen for those who don't know me.)

I was heading to work when I came up to the set of lights leading into the Industrial Park, they were red. Before the lights, I noticed a black Lexus IS300 wiping around a car to take an open position in the inside lane in front of me, I came up several lengths behind him. When the light turned green, the Lexus' rear end squatted a little as the car spun and slide the rear a little to the right and he was off...instinct buried my right foot to the floor. As I gained, he slipped into the outside lane. Is I was briskly passing him, (I wasn’t expecting to be able to pass him so easily!) I looked over and saw a look void of all expression but one, "How is a damned redneck truck passing me!!!" Once sufficiently passed, I slipped into the outside lane (using my blinker of course) as my turn was coming up. I made the turn under speed and power without any tire slippage from the behemoth’s rear, there was a fare amount of tire sound though.

After the turn I checked the mirror in time to see the Lexus following my track under a similar speed only to see his sporty sedan's rear end making all sorts of movement contrary to the direction the front tires were aimed.

So not only did the junior executive wannabe have to deal with his little luxury sports sedan being out powered on the straightaway but I'm sure he's further irritated by the fact that the big redneck mulch hauler got around the corner better than he did too!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list