3800 4 types of ID to get a Drivers licenses.

Thats getting ruff!

They want 4 types of ID now to get a drivers licenses:
1. birth certf.
2. SS proof
3. Documents with full name and address
4. (Sometin else, but i forgot)

Getting so stupid...its because of 9/11.....all of these terriost had valid DLs

Heres some thoughts....
1. That race of people can't drive anyways
2. They make americans have road rage
3. they don't follow laws anyways (they drive UNDER the speed limit)
4. You must be a US citizen to have or get one...
5. MUST speak english

I am so confussed on how some of these morons get DLs...they have different langauges for selected nationalities...WTF??!?! Your in america, LEARN american!

My biggest problem is mexicans..hispanics...
First off, Some of them acually know how to speak english, and atleast try, i give them credit...but the ones that come here from some other counrty that don't know NOTHING...and don't try....its really upseting....and i keep seeing more and more comanys putting Spanish on the labels...the phones...thought this is america......

Its like i have to learn to speak spanish to be in america....and lawn buisness....lol..."Hey man, don't forget to cut over there" The Guy: "Ok...*Smile* Ok...."
The damn guy never does it...AHH...i can go on and on..

I am not racist or trying to start anything....but come on...who agrees to what america is providing them with...

(My main point...If you come to america...learn the language.)

Felt like posting an opinion....

Any others have opinions?

Tom

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
I deal with that every single Tuesday.....I'd say about 80% of the dealers who come to sell or buy cars speak little or no English (usually around 1200 or so), and what they do speak is very broken and hard to understand. I told one of the girls at work "This is America, we don't speak English here." Because, for the most part (at my job that is) there are hardly any people who can speak it. I'm not racist or anything either, but I do feel that if you are going to live, work, and raise your children here, at the very least learn the language.

And how the heck are they going to read the road signs if all the tests are in the language they speak???

I

imported_Theautoguy

...so noone's allowed to have a differing opinion..? <_<

My Great Grandparents on my Father's side couldn't speak english when they arrived from Finland. That didn't stop him from working jobs that others didn't want to do to make a better life for thier kids.

My Great Grandparents on my Mother's side couldn't speak english either. That didn't matter though as those who did speak english invaded their lands and marched them form the Carolinas to Texas. I believe that was called the "Trail of Tears", many native Cherokee's died on the way. I suppose that if they could speak english, they could have asked for a break...or water...or not to be shot.

I agree that it's frustrating and difficult to communicate with someone who doesn't know the local language well but think that the other guys grandkids will know the language and have the opportunities that many of our great grandparents wished for us.

It's OK to post an opinion when you're angry but don't fire off on others who may feel offended by it and post thier own reply contrary to your feelings and mood.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by Diavolo@May 3 2005, 10:14 PM
I just don't see how the language you speak affects how you drive.
[snapback]82398[/snapback]​

while the USA doesn't have an "official" language....

if you can't speak english ... FU*K Y*U!!!!!!

english is the "oficial language of most educated people"

years ago my ancestors didn't speak english.. they learned... but now.... if you wanna come over here (USA) ... LEARN THE FUGGIN LANGUAGE!!!!!

:)

Krobar2

Regular
Jan 9, 2008
Lindenhurst
Everyday I work at Circuit City, I have mainly hispanics come in and try to purchase a radio, speakers, what have you. When you ask if they have questions, they usually point at their eye and then at a radio. It just makes it difficult. I agree that if you come to America, you should speak the language. Luckily we have many employees who speak Spanish and can help me out :) Cuz it sure as hell gets frustrating.

Dave

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
This is difficult for me because of my heritage. On one side, my parents did come from Mexico and learned English , not American (that's another discussion). Granted, it's not perfect but they can still communicate. On the other hand, I do see you side to the rant and can agree with you on some points. Have you ever spoken to someone who's trying to learn English?

English is one of the hardest languages to learn. Thai is the hardest. What other language will include 'th' or a 'ph' sounding like an 'f'? What about the schwa? Upon trying to learn English, some people opt not to continue and give up. They think they can go by without it. It's temporary.

Other times, people are more concern with working their asses off just to make a honest dollar. They get the jobs that no one else wants to do. They see as though they have no time.

I'm not here to fight you or anyone else so don't take sides against me like you did with Diavolo. This is not clubgp. ;) I just wanted to inform you. That's all.

Francisco

not only does that suck about having to have four forms of ID, but the people at the DMV are rude and unhelpful. . i had to go back two times for my drivers license because of the rude 'butch' said i didnt have the proper stuff even though i did. . :beating: America is a multi-cultural melting pot of all nationalities. . i find it disturbing that one country (i wont say which one) thinks that we need to accept all of its unemployed, uneducated people and its language. and change to fit THEIR needs. . one hundred years ago my greatgrand parents came over from Germany and Italy. they had to have proper ID, no diseases and proof of an education. . things sure have changed for the worse

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
My last experience with the DMV was very pleasent.. moved through the line fast.. and efficient... and was treated with respect...

They have come a long way.. (this one was in lombard or something)

Oh.. and by the way.. This WHITE boy.. is married to one of those filthy mexican chics.... :eek: :fight: :ban: :rolleyes:

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Originally posted by ThaLord@May 4 2005, 11:35 AM
My last experience with the DMV was very pleasent.. moved through the line fast.. and efficient... and was treated with respect...

They have come a long way.. (this one was in lombard or something)

Oh.. and by the way.. This WHITE boy.. is married to one of those filthy mexican chics....  :eek:  :fight:  :ban:  :rolleyes:
[snapback]82478[/snapback]​

I wondered if you were going to respond to this post, LOL!

Dreamcat78

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Rolling Meadows
I think my biggest gripe with just giving anyone a DL is OLD PEOPLE that shouldn't be allowed to drive! when i went in november to get mine there was all old people there and of course ppl that didnt speak english..now the old ppl kept failing their hearing and vision tests they could come back the next day and retry doesnt that tell you something there?

I figured John would post...Like i said, my problem is with the ones who don't even try to learn english...granted its hard...but if you wanna come here and make some money...learn it....

For an example.....If i go to poland....do you think i could have a life there?? not knowing polish?!?! No way...i would HAVE to learn polish....

I told everyone this is a opinion...diav just pissed me off wit his smart ass comment.....

Just wanted to hear what everyone else thought...from both sides...

Tom

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I just got my lisence last Tuesday... And Here was my Ending list, of everything you need to get a lisence

1) You need Proof of residancy *Some important like letter, like from a college, or something with YOUR name on it*

2) Your Social Security card, which doubles for your Signature

3) Your Birth Certificate, or a sealed school Transcript *I had lost my Birth Certificate*
4) Your 25 Hour sheet, Signed, Filled out *BS works fine, just so long as yor mom signs it* *If you are under 18...

5) Your mom if you are under 18

6) Your Permit *Which you will have to renew, cause they keep your experation date on a computer file *Which was down the 3rd time I went* and which will cost you $10 to take the test again.

7) Proof of Insurance on the car you will be taking the test on

8) Another piece of Residancy just in case

9) if you have a State ID, it wouldn't hurt to bring that too

10) A Backup car incase the one you take has any potential problems *I couldn't take the test in the first car I went in, Because the window was dead on the drivers side, while the front left turnsignal was out, so I couldnt use hand signals...

11) Check all your lights/signals before you even leave your home.

12) If you are going to go after school, go on a tuesday, to the Lombard one, because that one is open later on Tuesdays, but they stop giving road-tests about 4:30-5:00PM *The Website is useless*

13) If you are going on a monday, Schamburg is the only one thats open, and they aren't open very late, so you would have to go immediatly afterschool, or just skip and make a day of it

14) DO NOT GO ON A WEEKEND

*this is copied from a post I made in another forum, and I was aiming it toward another 17 year old friend *I'm 17 as well*

That about sums it up, and I'm drop dead serious, you need ALL OF THAT INFORMATION. Oh, and I reiterate, Check your lights/signals, Cause the first time I acctually got to take the road test, I passed it easily.... Oh, and a blueslip is pretty useless, They never even asked for it from me..... I used it to give them my permit number because I had lost my permit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info