3800 Yes another Cam question

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
What is the zzp or comp or crane cam version of intenses stage 3? Or even stage 2, but most likely stage 3. I would like to compare the companies different versions, but dont really know which other cams are compared to the intense stage 3. Is VS comparible, TEP???? I just don't know. Or if you guys can shoot me a link. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
vs and stage 1 are pretty mild

I think a stage 3 intense would be comapable to a zzp hot cam or maybe ther extreme xpz cam.

Do remember though that your reliability and all that is going to start to be challenging the more aggressive you go. I really dont want extra head aches so that is why i have the VS cam......waiting to install...... :angry: :)

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
yes, I know about the reliability aspect. Thanks for the info. Its prettymuch gunna be a homemade motor, as far as boring, and porting goes, but i need to buy the cam, and 130# springs, and bigger valves and such. I will have a spare motor that is stock if this one goes. I told my dad that I didn't want a lot of stuff in it, and he told me to shut up and that he was gunna build the motor up.....Pray for me...lol. Hopefully all turns out well.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

You want a rowdy idle, or a streetable one? If you were going for low 12's on a stock blower car, I'd go VS with 1.7 rockers. If you were going for 11's, and don't mind flipping the bill for a better power adder, get the XPZ. Contrary to poular belief, a milder cam with high lift rockers will give you more pwer than a very aggressive cam. Personally, I'd get the VS. Run it through the point you have more supporting mods, then put on 1.7 ratio rockers and dial it in.

I've had some private discussions with people in the know about the Intense cams, and for now at least the ZZP ones are the best out there. Either the stage2 or 3 will make more power than stock, but aren't all that well performance balanced. I know Mike K. is looking to do a couple of custom grinds for his store, but don't know a date yet. There will be an all out grind, a mid level, and a general performance.

As far as the TEP cam goes, it's an all out race grind, and shouldn't be used without the proper headwork. It looks like a decent cam, but a little "old school" technology compared to the Comp cams stuff.

I'd check out the HP cam chart on Club GP it really will tell you what's working.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• L
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list