3800 i wrecked my grand prix

well about a few weeks ago i was driving in the rain and lost control of my car...got hit side ways by oncoming traffic..wasnt to pretty..now my pretty red grand prix is not as pretty no more..the cause of the wreck was a truck in front of me on this turn slammed on his brakes because he was going to fast in the rain on this turn..so it caused me to have to slam on mines...so there for with the bad tires i had on my car caused me to slide left..which is i tried turning my wheel left..and letting go of the brake..but the car would not gain control..does anyone know wat else i could of done to get contol of it? :confused:

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
Always look 2 or 3 cars ahead of you to see what a road pattern might be like, if you see brake lights ahead, start slowing when they do. Also if no one else or only the truck was in front of you, then just be cautious because its a big vehicle, and it will take ramps a lot slower than cars. Plust adding rain to the mix should make you stay even further back.

Not to blame on anything, I have no idea how old you are or how long you have been driving, but if you are not that old, or havent had your license that long then dont worry too much, it takes experience sometimes. I know that next time, you will keep your distance from trucks on ramps, right??? That is prettymuch it, just beware of everything that is going on around you, not only what is 5 feet in front of you.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
wow... something doesnt sound right here.

a TRUCK was taking a turn too fast (most truck drivers know their truck cant take a ramp at 40mph when its DRY out) , you were on its bumper and it managed to slow down fast enough for you to have to slam on your brakes and lose control....

you sure you didnt just come flying up and lock your brakes up behind it?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Coulda been alot worse...

My buddy and I were out last summer on a rather curvey sub-division, and our own stupidity, and loss of traction, followed by a sudden recovery in a 94 Corola resulted in us hitting a tree sideways doing 45mph. *Car started to drift, and then the front right tire grabbed traction again, but the rest of the car didn't, tire ripped off, and we veered hard right and hit the tree squarly with the front driverside tire, and spun around the tree coming to a stop*

Yea, that hurt... ALOT, but through raw luck, we were both perfectly fine, no broken bones, no internal injurys, Just 1 wrecked car, and some bruises.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info