3800 trans temp = problems????

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
well the trans shifts & drives perfectly no problems whatsoever, but just recently when we rod around town and get on it a little bit it seems to run way to hot...170-200 is about average i believe but when done racing or something it climbs almost to 300!! im not sure it maybe the gauge is faulty (it's a cheap digital gauge) or if we have something to worry about...that's with a 180-stat...im going to switch to the 160 this weekend...does this mean that something is going to break or what? :(

what are the average temps you guys are running w/o a cooler? when we go and drive for about 15-20 mins or so at 70 it seems to cool down to a tolerable temp...

tommmy3

Regular
Dec 19, 2008
Originally posted by zeez gtp@Apr 20 2005, 08:58 PM
i don't think the t-stat has anything to do with the tranny temp. you need a trans cooler if you want to cell the trans down.
[snapback]80436[/snapback]​
yeah the stat's got nothin to do with that -
during warmer weather after drivin around for 20 min of f'in around my tranny is up to 225-250 so I think a tranny cooler might be a good idear -
my first tranny went after a couple of weeks of 250 and over tranny temps so you might be in for it.... but it might just be a crappy gauge - g luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info