3800 Tranny Problems.....

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by Bliss Racing@Apr 19 2005, 01:19 PM
Ok, so i don't think my tranny is slipping, wondering if it's the shift solonoid....or something like that??

When i take off hard, it's just fine....but from a roll, if i floor it....it doesn't seem like it down shifts all the way, and it gets caught between gears and bounces off of the limiter?!?!?  I don't know what the hell is going on.
[snapback]80223[/snapback]​

Have you tuned the PCM yet?????? if nothing has been done to it...then yes you would have a prob. ;)

Bliss Racing

Regular
Oct 28, 2008
Originally posted by GTPPWR+Apr 19 2005, 04:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Bliss Racing
@Apr 19 2005, 01:19 PM
Ok, so i don't think my tranny is slipping, wondering if it's the shift solonoid....or something like that??

When i take off hard, it's just fine....but from a roll, if i floor it....it doesn't seem like it down shifts all the way, and it gets caught between gears and bounces off of the limiter?!?!?  I don't know what the hell is going on.

Have you tuned the PCM yet?????? if nothing has been done to it...then yes you would have a prob. ;)
[snapback]80253[/snapback]​
[/b]

No...PCM is still untuned....stock PCM

Bliss Racing

Regular
Oct 28, 2008
Originally posted by LPSPEED2@Apr 19 2005, 04:52 PM
Stop by the shop when you get a chance, and we can take a look at it for you.

Northwest Transmission
5990 Northwest HWY.
Chicago, Il  60631
773-763-8300

Just call ahead and make sure were here.

9-5 m-f, 9-1 sat.
[snapback]80265[/snapback]​

I'll have to see when i can make it out........my schedule is pretty hectic!! And i never come out to the city. How much you charge to take a look at it??

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by Bliss Racing@Apr 19 2005, 01:19 PM

When i take off hard, it's just fine....but from a roll, if i floor it....it doesn't seem like it down shifts all the way, and it gets caught between gears and bounces off of the limiter?!?!?

Kinda sounds like whatever gear its kicking down to after flooring it has a worn clutch...prolly time for a rebuild. LPSPEED2 is your man for that.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Hey Leo i'm looking to get my hands on a used Intense full blown tranny. What do you guys charge for a refreshing? I'm worried that some of the shavings from the diff might be roaming around in there and would like to have some work done to it. Not sure what all would needed to be replaced. Trans is in good working shape now just want to be safe. You can post up here or PM me. Either way. If you want I can give you a call also.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Bliss Racing+Apr 24 2005, 09:43 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Apr 24 2005, 12:49 AM
is it normal for the tranny to slip just a little bit when it enters 4th gear when you're at 55 percent throttle or so?
[snapback]80867[/snapback]​
I'd say any slipping is not normal....when the tranny is slipping, is the tranny temp over 200 degrees??
[snapback]80873[/snapback]​
[/b]

I don't have a trans temp gauge?

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
It may not be slippage, it may just be slow shifting. The only way you really know its slippage (unless its really bad) is to see if there is much lag when you are further along on the throttle. Basically floor it, and see if there is slippage then, if not then its probably just a slow shift due to not much throttle positioning.

Add97gTp

Regular
Aug 30, 2008
Addison
Originally posted by Bliss Racing+Apr 21 2005, 10:13 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LPSPEED2
@Apr 21 2005, 10:08 AM
name Chaddick sounds familiar, my sister graduated that year from AT.  Does she have any younger siblings, im 21.
[snapback]80505[/snapback]​

Tiffany Chaddick, her sister. You probably Graduated with her.
[snapback]80506[/snapback]​
[/b]
A Matt Chaddick by any chance...hes maybe like 19??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info