3800 Anyone sellin any motorcycles

starrGTP

Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Have you considered a Superhawk? My cousin is selling one that is totally finished. Tire hugger, bottom fender flare, integrated tail lights. Painted lamboghini yellow. You won't find a nicer hawk on the road. Full D&D carbon fiber exhaust, carbon fiber mirrors. 6K miles. Believe it is a 98'. New tires. It's flawless. I think he is asking 5K for it which is under book value. He has over 3K worth of money put into it, this is an absolute bargain. I'm so tempted to tell him to hold onto it for me, but hey I was the one that sold Fish my bike. Wife won't let me get another for a while.

FilsGTP

Dec 16, 2008
hey guys thanks for getting back to me both your offers sound good....I've seen the super hawk and also love the gsxr's.....i have to say i've been riding dirt bikes since i've been in 3 rd grade.....but have never really ridden one of these crotch rockets.....i mean i'm not really sure how much more punch the 1000's pack but i'm always interested. I just figured i would be able to cross over to these bikes more easily b/c of the fact that I have past riding experience.
thanks and hope to hear more from you guys soon
thanks
phil

starrGTP

Regular
Mar 15, 2008
[email protected]

that is my cousins email. Tell him Rob told you about the bike. He should be able to hook you up with a myriad of pics. He's taken several through the stages of upgrading. Also I believe he said along with the bike he would include helmet and jack stands. the stands run $100 and the helmet cost him over $350. This bike is worth looking into. GSX-R's are so cookie cutter. Go to streets of Woodfield and you will see this. Not trying to bash the GSX-R but everybody and their brother owns one. This Hawk gets looks and compliments from everyone. And the sound is awesome. 1100cc V-twin engine with full dual exhaust. Sounds incredible.

Rob

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Originally posted by FilsGTP@Apr 8 2005, 04:43 PM
hey guys thanks for getting back to me both your offers sound good....I've seen the super hawk and also love the gsxr's.....i have to say i've been riding dirt bikes since i've been in 3 rd grade.....but have never really ridden one of these crotch rockets.....i mean i'm not really sure how much more punch the 1000's pack but i'm always interested.  I just figured i would be able to cross over to these bikes more easily b/c of the fact that I have past riding experience.
thanks and hope to hear more from you guys soon
thanks
phil
[snapback]78746[/snapback]​

forget everything you ever learned about riding dirtbikes .. it doesnt apply to street bikes ! dirtbikes require alot of foot-leg action, rockets do not .

If i were you id look at R6 or GSXR there is a reason everyone and their brothers are riding these bikes ... because they are the fastest and the best handling machines ( in their respected category) ...the best piece of advice i could give you is

1. Do NOT buy a Katana ( can-a-tuna)
2. Respect the power of which ever bike you choose whether it be a 250 or 1300.
3. Simply do your homework
4. Watch out for other people , because they surely wont be watching out for you !

good luck

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by starrGTP@Apr 9 2005, 06:27 AM
[email protected]

that is my cousins email.  Tell him Rob told you about the bike.  He should be able to hook you up with a myriad of pics.  He's taken several through the stages of upgrading.  Also I believe he said along with the bike he would include helmet and jack stands.  the stands run $100 and the helmet cost him over $350.  This bike is worth looking into.  GSX-R's are so cookie cutter.  Go to streets of  Woodfield and you will see this.  Not trying to bash the GSX-R but everybody and their brother owns one.  This Hawk gets looks and compliments from everyone.  And the sound is awesome.  1100cc V-twin engine with full dual exhaust.  Sounds incredible.

Rob
[snapback]78786[/snapback]​

Ditto. Bike sounds sweet, and it looks awsome. Definatly worth looking at.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by starrGTP@Apr 9 2005, 06:27 AM
[email protected]
This Hawk gets looks and compliments from everyone.  And the sound is awesome.  1100cc V-twin engine with full dual exhaust.  Sounds incredible.
Rob
[snapback]78786[/snapback]​

I bought my yellow SuperHawk new in 99 and it was an ideal 1st bike. I installed some CF Yosh RS6 Oval pipes and the sound was so damn sweet people would always turn their heads to check it out as I was haulin ass by. Bad thing though is it's a tad down on power above 7krpm being only a 996cc 90degree twin and didnt handle or stop as good as a lot of the other sport bikes. Even though I could loft the front wheel with ease with all that TQ I got bored of the bike after one season and ended up trading it (after parting out the pipes) for a 97 yzf1000 which isn't nearly the head turned the SHawk was but was over all a much better bike in every way. Just my .02

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info